Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Disneyland-Anaheim) Hilton Anaheim

trukyram
By trukyram,
in

One other thing before suggesting a bidding strategy...

Are you only looking for one room, as it sounds as if there will be more than two in your group. Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy which means you could receive a room with only one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request for a room with two beds (or if they can there could be an additional charge). Is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If not HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, guarantees accommodations for everyone you include on your search (although a second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are no 4* for the area offered on HOTWIRE right now, otherwise I'd go that route. I guess I'll take my chances. I've never had a problem yet getting two beds. I checked the prices on the website and the rooms with two queen beds are less expensive than the rooms with a king bed. It doesn't appear that there are any rooms with only one Queen bed, so we should be fine.

I checked on Hotwire again today and now there is a 4* listed for Huntington/Newport for October 9th for $139. Could be a good deal and then maybe not, depending on the property. These are the amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurants(s)

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

I can't find an exact match on the list of 4* for the area listed on this website. Any idea what this place might be? I'm still considering bidding on priceline if I had a good bidding strategy.

I checked on Hotwire again today and now there is a 4* listed for Huntington/Newport for October 9th for $139. Could be a good deal and then maybe not, depending on the property. These are the amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurants(s)

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

I can't find an exact match on the list of 4* for the area listed on this website. Any idea what this place might be? I'm still considering bidding on priceline if I had a good bidding strategy.

This one seems to be the Newport Hyatt which has bad reviews. The price is $139. I searched for 2 adults, 2 kids.
trukyram

So we can replicate your search, how many adults/children did you search for?

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

When I searched for 4 adults and no kids, another 4 * came up with the same amenities as the other 4* I referenced, but also has "airport shuttle" and "tennis nearby" added to the list. The price on this one is $109. Any idea on what this one is?

I agree that the best guess for the Shuttle property is the Hyatt Newport Beach... but the 'other' 4* hotel has not yet been identified, but with 100% HOTWIRE user recommended, if the price is right it might be worth a shot for a one nite stay. (although note there is also a $20 resort fee)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

I placed my bid tonight trying to get a Huntington or Newport beach hotel. I used free rebid zones based on what is listed on this website. I increased my bids in $3 increments. I ended up getting the Anaheim Hilton for $75 which is very close to Disneyland -- NOT what I wanted. I thought this was a free rebid zone because it didn't list any 4* hotels in this zone (Disneyland/Anaheim).

Before bidding, I double-checked recent bids on the board just to make sure nothing in this area popped up as a 4*. Now I'm in the doghouse with my family who wanted a hotel close to the beach after our days at the Disney parks. I'm not a happy camper that the Hilton is now considered a 4* hotel :) but it's listed as a 3.5*! Not only am I now in the wrong zone, I also have to pay extra for parking. Also, the savings is minimal as the regular price for a room here is $99.00 -- certainly not what I thought I'd be saving when bidding on a 4*. I called Priceline's customer service and they were no help at all. Buyer beware!!!!

Either I eat the money and find a hotel on my own, or have my family ticked off at me. Please change the Anaheim Hilton to a 4* on your website.

Sorry to hear you received a hotel in a zone you didn't intend. The 'problem' is that you didn't correctly identify your re-bid zones. As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area... and star ratings can change at ANY time.... DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

For the future the correct way to determine your re-bid zones is detailed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

While it may be little consolation, at least this is just a one nite stay and not the majority of nites for this trip. If you decide to bid for a replacement stay feel free to ask for help and confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Although not what you wanted, thanks for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Hotel List.

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]