Priceline Hotel: Help needed

lillyalice
By lillyalice,
in

Hello!

If you could please advice me how I could get a Waikiki Beach Resort (or the HHV) 09/18/10-09/24/10 for a maximum of 115$/night. I tried yesterday starting from 95$ and added a rebid zone and 5$ until I got up to 110$. Is my strategy all wrong or is it no way to get a resort under 115$?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Good evening. :)

Unfortunately, if you bid up to $115 and aren't accepted, then there is not inventory (at least at this time; there may be in the future, but there's no way to know - and prices can go higher if these dates are busy.) You could wait it out and try again in a few days, raise your bid, or consider alternatives (nearby zones, or lower star ratings.) Please let us know the result if you try at $115.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you've tried up to your limit, you can either wait it out and hope for lower priced inventory in the future, lower your star rating, or increase your budget.

Thru conventional booking channels the least expensive Resort i see is priced at $269/nite, making your current maximum bid less than half the prevailing rate. As well, at least one other hotel i checked is sold-out for these dates, so there may be higher then expected demand for these dates... thereby also requiring a higher then expected bid to be accepted.

If you're not successful with PRICELINE, what is your back-up plan?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have booked a 3,5* hotel via Booking.com as a backup plan, but would really like to stay in a resort since it's our honeymoon. We are however on a tight budget, so if we can't get a good deal via Priceline will just have to stay at our backup hotel. I will keep on trying, and consider raising our maximum bid a little.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]