Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Beach) Renaissance Eden Roc

MrB
By MrB,
in

Used the PRICELINE link. Started at $65 and inched up. Interestingly, got two sets of free re-bids offers, one asking $15 and then later $20. I was thinking the hotel might have changed while I was bidding to do this and was hoping it was the Fountainbleau although no posted winning bids at this level (more like $115 + resort fee). The Eden Roc is fine, right next door and closer to the Municipal parking lot if you prefer that to valet (free parking after 6 if you get in before 6 but the last time I was there they had people making you pay to park overnight after about 5 pm). The pools are better at the Fountainebleau although they didn't seem to mind us visiting :) . I got this hotel cheaper last year at this time. Lowest hotel prepaid rate was $164 which is about the same as the Fountainbleau if you go to discount sites. I didn't have to pay a resort fee last so we'll see.

• 1 month later...

Just got back. Had a great time and the nice lady at check-in upgraded us to an oceanview in the new hotel at no extra charge (best room before the oceanfront suites which an extra large balcony, number ends with 50). It pays to be nice when you ask! I see from another winner that Marriott Elite members may also be entitled to such a benefit and if you are such a member you also get free internet (otherwise $14.95.day). I don't think there is an easy way to get this status other than actually having enough qualifying stays which is tough if you book through priceline. We parked in the city lot right next door ($1/hour from 8 am to 6 pm, free otherwise) and had dinner at Gotham steakhouse in the Fountainebleau also next door - Miami Spice is on so they had a discounted set menu ($32 for three courses) plus they also had a promotion that allowed you to bring your own wine with no corkage fee., pretty good deal for such a fancy restaurant. This was the week-end that Chris Bosh got engaged and he was at Hakkasan in the Fountainebleau.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]