Priceline Hotel: 28Aug2010 - 29Aug2010

TSi SPY 007
By TSi SPY 007,
in

Hi guys!

New to the forum... hoping to get some help with bidding as I keep getting turned down even with bids higher than what people have been winning with!

How is everyone getting such low rates?!? I've been bidding on 4* in Seattle Pike Place area since Aug 22nd (for just a one-night stay on 28th/29th) and have had all my bids rejected (I've been able to rebid every 12-18 hours or so). Started bidding at $70, and final bid today was $120; ALL REJECTED.

When should I have started bidding? how far in advance?

What is this "free rebid zone"? I can't seem to find it...

Also, how come you guys get "counter offers" from Priceline, and I've never seen anything but the rejection screen asking me to choose other star-rating or location before I can rebid? Is that the "rebid zone"?

Thanks so much for your help! Hoping to win a decent bid soon. haha.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

It's strange that you don't hit at $120. What would be your max bid for this night?

What is this "free rebid zone"? I can't seem to find it..
Please read this link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

It's nothing strange that you don't get a counter offer. It's not a "frequent" thing

I would also like to say that HOTWIRE got a 4* @ $134 for your date in the PP/DT zone.

I hope this answer your questions and let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks, Yellowdog! I've been reading a lot of your helpful posts lately. :)

I've been trying out PRICELINE (via the links on this site!). I didn't have a fixed "max bid" in mind, but was curious how others were getting such low rates even for the exact night in the exact area for the 4* rooms (eg. $86), yet I've been bidding with higher bids and no success... thought I was missing something... :)

Rates are date specific and rates for this Saturday nite may be higher then when others have won at lower rates (i know the Mariners are in 'home' on Saturday and Sunday).

Any interest in the 4* hotel on HOTWIRE for $129/nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]