Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial District) Holiday Inn Wall Street

rtj1979
By rtj1979,
in

I am looking for a Hotel in Manhattan NYC for 4 nights (24,25,26,27 of September). I require a hotel central within walking distance to the main attractions.

I have not yet started bidding. What I was wondering was what ballpark figures am I looking at for atleast a 3 1/2* o'r better?

Also I was wondering if I am better waiting closer to the time or is there no general rule?

Any advice appreciated,

Thank you

Also I was wondering if I am better waiting closer to the time or is there no general rule?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

A ballpark idea of rates for your stay are about $250/nite (before fees and taxes)... perhaps a bit higher. HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be the Distrikt Hotel, which has been getting very good reviews, for $275/nite, so at least at the moment that could be your 'worst case scenario' (although note that this offering could change in price or disappear entirely at any time)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know once you're ready to begin your bidding and we'll find a little more information regarding your zone preferences and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A ballpark idea of rates for your stay are about $250/nite (before fees and taxes)... perhaps a bit higher.

While it was worth a shot, your $200 rejection isn't too much of a surprise based upon current rates for these dates.

How high are you willing to bid at this time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Possibly staying one (or two nites) at a hotel outside of the city (say Jersey City, with easy access to NYC via PATH train) for a lesser price, and staying the other two (or three) nites in the city itself... making your average stay within your budget?

Whether this is worthwhile or not, or lowering to a 3* rating is a better option, depends upon what you are looking for from this trip, what type of hotel experience you are looking for (ie- is a hotel just a place to sleep or do you like to 'experience' a hotel) and how you feel about changing hotels mid-stay.

Let us know your thoughts, or if you have any questions regarding the idea above, and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]