LA New Orleans Four Points Sheraton Airport

joeman
By joeman,
in

I would give one suggestion to anyone staying here in the future -- request a room number with a LOW and ODD last two digits (e.g 303, 507, 411, etc.). The reason for this is that the propery is directly adjacent to I-10, and the rooms at this end (at least the one I was given) are noisy due to the highway traffic. The rooms with the higher numbers (by higher, I'm referring to the last two digits -- I dont think the floor # matters too much) are towards the end that faces the highway, and the even numbered rooms are on the side that angles toward the highway. I was first given room #736, which was at the end of the 7th floor corridor. This room was exceptionally noisy. I requested another room and was given #515. With the curtains closed in the new room, I could not hear any highway traffic.

I must say, however, the staff was very friendly and accomodating. When I called the front desk to ask for a different room, and they had my new key ready by the time I reached the lobby.

The furnishings and ammenities were nice -- what you would expect from a 3* property, maybe a little better.

The property is actually a few miles from the airport, which means you won't have to listen to planes taking off and landing, but it's about a 10 min drive to the airport.

At $36, and even a little higher, this hotel a great value. If I were just flying out of MSY (as I was this time), or I had business in the Metarie area, I would stay here again. However, the next time I visit New Orleans, I will probably want to stay in the FQ or CBD.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]