Hotwire Hotel: 4* Paris (Louve-Marais) Westin

Craig34
By Craig34,
in

My wife and I are traveling to Paris, Rome and Florence from Aug 19th to August 30th.

Paris Aug 19th-23rd

Rome Aug 23-26th

Florence Aug 26-30th

I have been reading some reviews of hotels and also seen in Rick Steves books that August is the off season and is dead in these parts of Europe. As such there are hotel deals to be had supposedly. I am wondering if it would be wiser to wait until closer to the travel dates to use Priceline? If this is in fact the off season and hotels are likely to have room would it not be in my best interest to wait until closer to the date to secure a deal? Does anybody know the situation with Europe in August and would this in fact be a good strategy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Nobody can say if prices will go up or down between now and your trip, but hotels already know if this is slow season or not and adjust their prices accordingly... it's not as if they're currently asking for their top rates and a few days before your arrival they'll all drop rates with 3 days to go.

For additional info see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Once you're ready to begin bidding let us know and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can anyone identify this hotel for me? 4 Star in Paris with following ammenities:

1. Fitness Centre

2. Restaurants

3. Business Centre

4. Laundry Facilities

5. High Speed Internet Access

This hotel is in the Louvre-Marais area. Price is $195. Travel is from Aug 19th-23rd. I saw where a previous Hotwire win with these amenities and similar price (different dates) was the Westin. I would be very happy with this property. Can anyone confirm or does it look like it could be something else? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone identify this hotel for me? 4 Star in Paris with following ammenities:

1. Fitness Centre

2. Restaurants

3. Business Centre

4. Laundry Facilities

5. High Speed Internet Access

This hotel is in the Louvre-Marais area. Price is $195. Travel is from Aug 19th-23rd. I saw where a previous Hotwire win with these amenities and similar price (different dates) was the Westin. I would be very happy with this property. Can anyone confirm or does it look like it could be something else? Help would be greatly appreciated.

I went back and looked at the Hotwire site from this site....as you will likely ask me to do....sorry did not do so in first place. Got same hotel and everything as described above.

Best guess would be Westin.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

Hey thanks for the prompt reply! Curious about one thing: What if any is the cancellation policy with Hotwire? In the event of illness or something where the trip gets cancelled. Does the standard cancellation policy apply or can I purchase cancellation insurance with my booking? Or is that not an option because of the deal you get with booking with Hotwire?

During the purchase process HOTWIRE will offer (i believe on all reservations, although there may be some country destinations where the it's not offered) insurance... this only covers certain conditions (usually illness which needs to be proved with a doctor's note), you can't simply change your mind, decide not to go on the trip, and expect a refund.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did not act on this one fast enough. Watched the rate jump from $195 to $199 to $209 then up to $214 and lastly $217 in a matter of two days. It then dropped backed down to $209 US. Rather than tempt fate I booked. It was in fact the Westin and I got it for $209 for 4 nights. I am quite pleased with this rate as it is going for $335 Canadian on Expedia and Hotels.ca for those same dates. Thanks for the insight on this one!

I'm doing the exact trip with my husband in October. Based what I've read so far, high season ends at the end of October, but it does get a little chilly later on. Low season starts as early as November 1st (in all three cities) and you would save a bundle going there then.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]