Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Miami (Downtown) Sheraton Biscayne Bay

rhennosy
By rhennosy,
in

I put in 3* for April 30, one nite. $55. My bid was rejected. I really want to stay downtown as I have family staying at other hotels in the area on the nite before a cruise. I have read about people getting the Sheraton for $55 and this would be great if I could get it. Any suggestions on how I could proceed?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Was that your first and only bid in the zone so far? Do you have a maximum bid in mind?

I believe the Sheraton is available thru HOTWIRE for $97/nite, but i think you can do better than that if you're willing to accept any 3* hotel in the downtown zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like to stay under $100 including tax. I can stay at another 3*. I just saw another poster got that one and I checked their website and it looked good. How do I do another bid and still get the downtown zone? Currently it asks me to make a change to my date, zone or star rating and I don't want to change any of those. Do I have to wait a few days to try again?

Was that your first and only bid in the zone so far?

You didn't answer, but it seems to be the case. This is what i was trying to get at...

You need to learn about re-bidding, which is explained in this thread: PRICELINE 72 HOUR RULE.

You have one re-bid zone when bidding 3* in the Ft. Lauderdale area. If you're unsure of which one it is, please confirm it with the board (recommended) before bidding.

This is how i would now proceed:

Select 3* Ft. Lauderdale Downtown and your re-bid zone and bid $60.

If rejected wait 72 hours and...

Select 3* Ft. Lauderdale and Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70.

I think you should be successful with the above.

Any questions feel free to ask and please keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I read the 72 hour rebid and I understand it. The only thing I am unsure about is bidding $60 for Downtown and Ft. Lauderdale at 3*. Wouldn't I run the risk of ending up in Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami? I am thinking I should add South Beach and $60. Wouldn't there be less chance that i would find a 3* in South Beach than Downtown, so then I might actually get Downtown at the higher price? Thanks, I am new to this.

When bidding 3* Miami you have two re-bid zones available, this is how to proceed....

Select 3* Miami Downtown and re-bid zone1....

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and reaccess priceline however you did previously...

Select 3* Miami Downtown and re-bid zone2....

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70.

I think you should be successful with the above.

Any questions feel free to ask and please keep us updated as to your progress.

I bid $60 adding North Miami zone (no 3* hotels in this zone). Rejected.

I bid $65 adding Southwest Miami zone (no 3* hotels in this zone). Rejected

All of the other zones have 3* hotels, so I won't risk bidding again. I will wait 72 hours and start over at $70.

Thanks for the help, I will post my results.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]