Hotwire Hotel: Please help identify 4 & 3.5* 9/24-9/29

zfly9
By zfly9,
in

I am looking to stay Sept 24th to the 29th in Times Square

For the 4 star I am getting $289 (fitness cetner, restaurants, business center, high-speed internet)

For the 3.5 star I am getting $349 (boutique hotel, smoke free rooms, restaurants, business center, high speed internet)

I would appreicate any help identifing these!

Thanks,

Zack

The amenities for the 4* are common for a city hotel but they do match previous reports for the Crowne Plaza so that would be my best guess for this one.

A 3.5* property has not yet been reported in this zone with the amenities above, however, The Stay hotel has been seen with these amenities but at the 4* level... my guess is that this property may have been downgraded to the 3.5* level and is the property you're seeking above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So if i'm following correctly...

$2578 (package price) - $700 (airfare for two) = $1878 available for a room to equal package deal

$1878 - 14.5% (NYC hotel tax) = $1640 room rate

$1640 / 5 nites = $328 less $5/nite PRICELINE booking fee = $323 equivalent bid price

So if the above is correct, you could purchase a hotel for ~$325/nite to equal the Expedia package deal... so it comes down to how much you want this particular Doubletree vs. saving money on an 'unknown' PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchase.

While not in the Times Square zone, HOTWIRE has a non-opaque offering for 70 Park Ave which generally gets good reviews and is priced at $279.65/nite which would save you about $225 vs. the Expedia deal above.

There is also the 4* Times Square hotel you originally inquired about for $289 which would also save you money vs. the Expedia offer... as well you could bid on PRICELINE to try and beat these prices (or lower to 3.5* for more savings)

So if you want the Doubletree perhaps this is a good deal, but if you're flexible on the hotel you will receive then it appears you could likely beat this package deal.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or our Expedia link should you go with the package.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]