Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (San Mateo) Marriott

By 1337,
in

We decided on July 4 to stay in or near San Francisco after watching fireworks in the evening. I started bidding at 3pm on July 4 for a room later that day.

REJECTED: $55 - 4* Financial District, SFO International Airport, SOMA - Moscone Center, San Mateo, Union Square East, Union Square West

ACCEPTED: $60 - 4* Financial District, SFO International Airport, SOMA - Moscone Center, San Mateo, Union Square East, Union Square West (added Civic Center)

San Mateo Marriott SFO Airport

1770 South Amphlett Boulevard

San Mateo, CA 94402

650-653-6000

Room Subtotal: $60.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $16.74 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $76.74 (USD)

Overall, I was happy with the service and the stay. The late-night desk folks were friendly and organized. The room was clean and had marble counter tops and a huge TV. The neighborhood is a bit industrial but is less than a minute from US-101 and is close to SFO airport. At first glance, parking appears to be for pay/valet only, but there is free self-parking.

As is expected with most brand-name 4* hotels, internet costs $10 or so. Sometimes I wonder if there is any advantage of a Marriott or Hilton compared with a 3* Courtyard or Holiday Inn. These 3* hotels typically comparable rooms and free internet for ~$20 less than 4* places on Priceline.

I used the PRICELINE link from BetterBidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]