LAX Los Angeles Fullsize Hertz

i_love_vacations
By i_love_vacations,
in

Ok I blindly Bid $21 on PRICELINE using the sites link and now when I looked HOTWIRE. Hotwire had the full size car for $20. I feel like I overbid now. Yesterday HOTWIRE was showing $30 per day and PRICELINE refused my offer for $24. What's with the sudden drop in price?

Anyways even though I regret bidding so high (I think they might've excepted $16 now like many others got it for :)) This is what I got....

Your Offer Price: $21.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 8 days(7 days and 20 hours)

Subtotal: $168.00

Taxes and Fees: $67.81

Total Charges: $235.81

Lowest Published Price: $774.34

Total Savings:* $538.53 (You saved 70%)

Full-Size Car (Unlimited Mileage)

Pick-Up Location:

Hertz Corporation

Los Angeles International Airport

9000 Airport Blvd

Los Angeles,CA 90045

1-800-654-3011

Drop-Off Location:

Same as above

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

No telling what initiated the price drop, but it could have just as easily gone the other way and rates jumped higher when you didn't bid. Regardless, i suspect this is still a very nice deal relative to a conventionally booked rental and that is the savings you should be comparing too (as the difference between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE will not likely be that much)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]