Priceline Hotel: Maui - Wailea bidding question

TigerKatt
By TigerKatt,
in

I'm going to bid on a hotel in the Wailea area. I'm looking for a 3.5* or up. They have the following hotels posted on their website if I were to purchase the room for their suggested prices (prices listed in brackets):

3.5 star - Hotel Wailea ($229)

4 star - Makena Beach & Golf Resort ($249)

4 star - Wailea Beach Billas ($1040)

Now the resorts are a higher rate per night on their website ...they start at $350 and go up.

So, based on this (and I know it's not a guranteed thing), I would assume by bidding on a 3.5 star in teh Wailea area I will get either the Hotel Wailea or the Makena Beach & Golf Resort since they're both near the same price point. I think I would really like the Makena Beach & Golf Resort so I'd put my first bid in on a 4* hotel to eliminate the Hotel Wailea. But what would you suggest as my bidding strategy? I got this priceline win at the Hyatt Waikiki for $105/night so I'd like to try to stay around this price point with $115/nt being my max. I am travelling July 14-18th so I have enough time to start low and go up from there with the 24 hour wait period.

If I can't get the 4* I would eventually go down to a 3.5* because the Hotel Wailea has great reviews as well.

Suggestions? Thanks!

There is little correlation between the hotel with the lowest price and the one you will likely receive when bidding (except when you're looking at something like $249 vs. $1040).

I don't think that $115 will be enough for these summer dates, but to give it a try...

At the 4* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Wailiea-Makena...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Wailiea-Makena and re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]