Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Ft Lauderdale (North) Westin Fort Lauderdale

travel_lover
By travel_lover,
in

Won this hotel on May 31 through betterbidding.com link to PRICELINE.com.

Intent to bid for a 4* hotel in downtown Ft Lauderdale for our cruise but when I lower my hotel star to 3.5*, I've clicked in the wrong area Ft Lauderdale North and got this hotel by mistake. :)

I think the hotel class is okay but it will cost us $40 taxi one way to the hotel and $40+ taxi to the cruise pier in which we have to pay around $65 more for transportation. Also this hotel charge $10/day for parking if I decided to rent a car and it charges for using internet in the room too. (Not sure how much though)

Here's the detail on my bidding:

Starting with 4* hotels in all area at $45 - 51 (rejected)

then change to 3.5* -

Downtown Ft Lauderdale - $52 (rejected)

Caral Springs - $53 (rejected)

Ft Lauderdale Airport North - $54 (rejected)

Ft Lauderdale North - $55 (accepted)

Date: 12/11 - 12/12

Hotel Name: The Westin Fort Lauderdale

Offer Price: $55.00

# of rooms: 2

# of nights: 1

Subtotal : $110.00

Taxes & fees: $21.20

Total Charges: $131.20

This hotel is selling at PRICELINE.com hotel site for $119.00 per night so I've saved 50% on it. Thanks to betterbidding. :)

Sorry to hear of your bidding error... but note that if you bid enough it almost always eventually happens to most of us.

You might want to try contacting PRICELINE, sometimes they have allowed a cancellation if you let them know a mistake was made. (although this is more the exception than the rule)

If you pursue it let us know how it goes.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've just called PRICELINE and they said they can cancel this reservation for me with a fee of one night room charge. If I make another reservation within a certain period of time, this one night charge will be refunded and a $25 change fee will be applied. Since we're only booking for one night stay and if I can't get a hotel in the downtown area that I want for a lesser price, that will be an additional to my cost. In that cast I'll just leave it and take a taxi there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]