Priceline Hotel: Priceline Smoking Policy 2010

Big_George
By Big_George,
in

As a longtime Priceline user who's scored some remarkable prices and great rooms, I hate to say I can't find the answer to my questions on smoking. Used to be you set preferences on bed size and could also specify "non smoking" room. Earlier this year, and once last year, I was placed in a smoking room at two different hotels and in each case was told that the Priceline reservation specified "smoking." (And, also in each case, the clerk added that all the non-smoking rooms were occupied, so they placed us in one of the very few smoking rooms the hotel had. Blah!)

So, can anyone enlighten me as to (1) when and if the policy changed and (2) looks like there's no way to specify your preferences--is that right?

I will say that I've had a lot of luck in calling the hotel a day or so before arrival an inquiring about non-smoking if there was no smoking policy stated on the hotel's website, as well as getting a king bed, although I have had a couple of turndowns on that request. But if you don't ask, you don't get!

Comments?

This is not a change in policy... when using the bidding side of PRICELINE there was never an option to select room types (bed configuration) or smoking/non-smoking rooms. All that PRICELINE has ever guaranteed is a room which would accommodate double occupancy... everything else is at the discretion of the hotel.

If you need a non-smoking room HOTWIRE may work for you by choosing a hotel which shows the Smoke Free icon. As well, some of their offerings let you choose the bed type for a small additional fee (or you can sometimes 'force' 2 beds in a room, if that is what you need, by searching for quad occupancy)

Let us know what your needs are for this stay and we'll try to help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]