Hotwire Hotel: Chicago (Loop/Mag Mile/River North) 3 adults

hubie
By hubie,
in

As the subject states, I have used PRICELINE tons of times, but never HOTWIRE. I am considering it because this trip we have 3 adults (parents and brother) and wanted to make sure there was enough sleeping quarters. Priceline obviously does not do this and supposely HOTWIRE does. So I come to this board for advice. What's the best price I can do on a 3*+ the weekend of 6/25-6/27? If we can narrow down to a few specific hotels (i know the area well) that would be helpful. I just dont understnad how HOTWIRE works yet, I'm so brainwashed by PRICELINE:)

Thanks

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Chicago thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

I have used PRICELINE tons of times, but never HOTWIRE.
It would be appreciated if you shared your wins with the board so all members could gain from the information :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Yellowdog.

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Chicago thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

It would be appreciated if you shared your wins with the board so all members could gain from the information :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Yellowdog.

No Problem, I just updated it. I never got a hotel from that bidding. It went way our of my price range (I was shocked after seeing so many good wins on here). This is becoming the same. I see people who have gotten 4* at $49 for the same area and weekend I'm going. I have been unsuccessful bidding on 4* and 3.5* on priceline up to $83 ($100 after tax per night).

I need anywhere in NMA/MagMile or Loop

Never tried hotwire but if there's a 3 person option 3* or up for less than $100 (after tax) I'm in. Thank you for your help

hubie

Do you see anything on HOTWIRE within your budget? And please remember to search for 3 guests. You can get a diffrent result when searching for 2 guests.

Yellowdog.

There is one hotel for $99.

3* Mag Mil Area - Streeterville

-fitness center

-pool

-restaurant

-business ctr

-laundry

-high speed internet

4/5 trip advisor

Again, i've never done hotwire or even researched it, so appreciate any help you can give!

• 2 months later...
This would likely be the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza, a HI that was renovated not that long ago. Nice property, but in a rather out-of-the-way location. It's about a 15 minute walk E to Michigan Ave.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your advice aaron, turned out things were too expensive for this stay. I didnt end up getting a room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]