Priceline Hotel: 3* Toronto (Downtown) Courtyard by Marriott

YYZC2
By YYZC2,
in

Have we seen the last of the sub-$40 *3 hotel in Downtown Toronto?

I've been targeting the Courtyard for three separate stays I need to book in the Downtown zone over the next two months - none of them have nibbled at less than $50... I know the sample size is small, but I'm afraid the Marriott has come to their senses and valued their property less generously with regard to the Priceline channel.

This was my third attempt to get this hotel... the previous two attempts saw me give up at $48 hoping the hotel would drop their acceptance levels closer to my date. I told myself at 7 days out I would go for broke and bid away until I got either the Marriott or the Hilton/Sheraton out of the *4 inventory.

Bid $38, $40, $48 before hitting on $50.

Desperately hoping I am wrong on this...

The hotel market has certainly been picking up and i think has been causing increased rates at both hotel-direct bookings aswell as the opaque services.

The deals are certainly still there, but it's now more important than ever to do your homework first and know prevailing rates, how high to bid, when to wait for inventory to be released, and when take what you can get.

Like most other things in life, hotel rates come and go in cycles... i'm sure we'll eventually see times when rates are even higher than they are today, as well as other times when rates drop from the still-to-come higher prices. What's great is that by collecting user's winning bids and rejections we can spot trends as they occur... here is another PRICELINE TORONTO post that re-inforces/confirms everything that you state above.

Thanks for posting and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]