LAS Economy 5/8/10 - 5/12/10

verga
By verga,
in

I am reposting this post - previously posted in car rental but I think this is where I should have posted it.

This is my first time to bid for a car rental so I am not too sure of the bidding strategy.

I tried $11 for an economy, $12 for a compact and $13 for a mid-size - all failed. I'll try again tomorrow. Please let me know if I should start with mid-size first at $13 and $12 to economy and compact or should I raise my price?

My son has a $20 cash award for car rental - $5 per day valid on standard or larger. His flight is arriving at 10:40 pm while ours arrive at 6:20 PM (a 4 hour difference). Is there anyway my husband can use my son's $20 cash award or does my son has to book the car...which means we have to wait for him to arrive before we can rent the car.

I used our PRICELINE link to make my bid. How can we access the $20 cash award with your pice.line link?

Thanks for your assistance.

Verga

You can use the PRICELINE link from the board along with the car rental bonus as follows:

1) click the board PRICELINE link and let the page fully load

2) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS section on the top right corner of the board

3) use the bonus link from the rewards section of your profile

Your son would need to make the car rental purchase (or give you access to his PRICELINE profile) and put the reservation in the name of the person who will be arriving first and picking up the car.

For this rental, are you looking for the least expensive price or are you willing to pay more for a higher car class?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like the cheapest possible price for any car size.

I checked the cash reward again and it is $4 per day up to $20 valid on standard card and larger.

I checked my husband's my rewards and noted that he also has the $20 offer as well as a $30 hotel offer (which would require 3 nights stay so it wouldn't have worked for my recent 2 hotel bids of 2 nights stay)

Thanks

Verga

Thru Dollar you can get a midsize for $100 all-in... which is equivalent to a $13 bid on PRICELINE, for which you've already been rejected at that price.

You could try bidding for an economy or compact for $1 or $2 cheaper per day, or bidding on a standard for $17 (including the $4 bonus) but i'd just as soon book direct if your grand savings will amount to ~$2 as the savings aren't worth the non-refundability (even though your trip is only 5 days away)

Use our link to go to Dollar

Run your search without any coupons/codes

Select the "see special deals in Las Vegas" and the midsize offer will appear at $14.77/day (or $100.80 all-in)

Does this work for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$100 for the 4 days is not bad. I will make my reservation now using your link.

I just checked and the price is not $14.77 - must have increased from the time you checked to the time I am trying to book :)

Anyway, I booked a mid-size at $107.61 all in for 4 days. If it drops in prices, I will cancel and rebook.

Thanks,

Verga

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]