Priceline Hotel: Question on bidding for Resort in Ft Lauderdale

dirtnap101
By dirtnap101,
in

Hi,

I am very interested in the Marriott Harboar Beach property in the Fort Lauderdale beach zone. I'm looking at preparing to bid (probably in the next 3 weeks, once I confirm airfare) and I'm just collecting info and making sure I have the process down.

As I understand it, the Marriott Harbor is the only "resort" level facility that has been reported in winning bids on this forum for the Resort level in Ft Lauderdale Beach zone in the past year. I found on the internet The Atlantic as a winning bid from late 2008. I would be fine with either property although I would prefer the Marriott. I know nothing is guaranteed, but it seems like the chances of getting the Marriott are high.

It also seems that none of the other Ft Lauderdale zones have any Resort level properties in the Priceline system. Does this mean I can rebid safely 10 times (adding one of the zones each time)?

Thanks!

i can only answer for BetterBidding.

Yes, the Marriott is currently the only resort reported to the board in Fort Lauderdale. But things can change fast. So you got plenty of zones to use if you bid for a resort. We can confirm your zones when you're ready to bid.

I suggest that you check back with the board (in this thread) when you're ready to bid. We would be happy to help you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Always doublecheck your zones before each bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since preivously checking.

OK, I am ready to begin bidding.

The price I see via Marriott and many other online retail price resources (Expedia, Kayak, Travelocity) for the Marrriott Harbor Beach Resort for dates 11/12/10 - 11/15/10 is $319 per night.

I have confirmed that, as of a few mintues ago, the Fort Lauderdale Beach Zone is the only Ft Lauderdale zone where the Resort level is active, so I should have many re-bid zones.

Any suggestions on a starting bid amount?

The hotel could offer inventory to PRICELINE without you ever seeing the retail rate drop at all, so that is not necessarily a good indication at this point in time, as it's so early before your stay.

As well, i wouldn't be bidding in the $200's this early either... previous wins are around the $155 area so i'd maybe go as high as $165 this far ahead of your stay, but i'd also be starting your bids much lower than this. (since if another, less expensive Resort property enters the system in this zone, you could end up overbidding for it)

You need to confirm your re-bid zones before bidding, but assuming there are still 10 each time you check before bidding, i'd try as follows:

Select Resort Ft Lauderdale Beach...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165

I'd only bid once every week or two at this point to avoid you getting frustrated... a bit more frequently as you get 3-4 months before your stay if still unsuccessful.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (please return here to begin your bidding each time... not using the links in any emails sent by PRICELINE)

Good luck... keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]