Priceline Hotel: 2*/2.5* LGA/Flushing/Elmhurst:4/12-4/16- Bidding help needed

dannon
By dannon,
in

Hi,

I just joined this board and already have found it very useful. And I will be posting my bids here and be using the PRICELINE / HOTWIRE links here.

My bid request:

4/12-4/16 dates[4 nights ]

2*/2.5* - in LGA /Flushing/Elmhurst areas —any of these 3 areas is fine.

My bid amount: 55/day+tax=$260 total price roughly

Is this doable? Or should I bid even lower?

As a last resort, I could select the JFK area too ,but that would be the last resort.

Thanks for the advice.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Did you want to try up to your limit first for a 2.5*, then if rejected, try for a 2*... or is your goal the least expensive 2* or better in any of the first three zones you've listed?

Also, not sure how much you know about this area, but I'll add that although the LGA zone is less expensive than Manhattan, it's really not great as a NYC substitute... many of the hotels are not near a subway and therefore require a shuttle to the airport, bus from the airport to subway, then subway to Manhattan.

Let us know regarding the 2.5* vs. 2* and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare for the response. Just a follow up to the bid. As I still have time, I just bid for a 2.5* in LGA/Flushing/Elmhurst for $45 ,$46, and $48 using the rebids.And I used the PRICELINE links from here.

And -my goal is to get a 2.5* first and if rejected then a 2*.Would certainly prefer a 2.5*.And I want to limit it to $60 max per day. I certainly want to avoid the 1* hotels.

Thanks for the NYC info. Yes, I am very familiar with NYC. I was in the Brooklyn Park slope area for 6 years. And I will be driving and I wanted to stay close to the Flushing area. So that`s why any of the LGA/Flush/Elmh areas are fine for me.

And boy hotels are so much cheaper in the rest of the country . You can get a 4* hotel for $40 in Texas but it`s just 2 hrs worth parking in Manhattan !! :)

You actually only have ONE re-bid zone when bidding 2.5* n Manhattan, so i'm not exactly sure which zone(s) you're bidding and at which time, but this would be the way to maximize your bidding each cycle:

If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

2.5* LGA

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

2.5* Flushing

2.5* Elmhurst

2.5* LGA and Flushing

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

2.5* LGA and Elmhurst

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

2.5* LGA and Flushing and Elmhurst

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63

You can use whatever bid amounts/increments you'd like, i simply included those above so you could see where the same bid amount was repeated and where it was increased.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck, keep us updated as to your progress and thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help. I forgot about that bidding sequence. I just bid 2.5* for LGA ,then just added Elmhurst and Flushing subsequently. And I guess I was bidding way too low because I had time and just wanted a best shot. Yes, this time I will try your bid amount and format so that I maximize my free rebids.

Decided to stay with a friend's house.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]