Priceline Hotel: 3*-5* price range: 50-70

erolson
By erolson,
in

I'll be going to Vegas the end of this month, the 26th to the 28th or March, there will be a total of 4 of us.

I was wondering how likely it would be that we could find a place on or incredibly near the strip (I have no problem w/the Westin, as I have stayed there before, and my sister will be staying there during the time in which I'll be in Vegas too) between the price $50-70 a night?

I don't have a credit card (a friend I'll be traveling with does) so I can't look anything up right now, but we really aren't that picky. We're young girls just wanting to go have fun. We'd just rather stay in a place that is a tad bit cooler than a Motel 6.

I don't really want to resort to a place like the Sahara or Riveria, but would like to be closer to the Central strip, but once again, I'm not too picky as long as the price is right.

I realize this is all kind of last minute!! We'll be for sure making reservations on Monday the 15th.

You may have something avaialble at the low end of your star range and near the high end of your budget. Besides being a weekend, it's Final Four Season, which drives up demand and hotel rates somewhat.

HOWEVER, an issue you have is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, and you'll be four. You could receive a room with only one bed, and many Vegas hotels now charge extra for more than double occupancy, so you could be in for an additional charge for a room with two beds... is this a risk you're wiling to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I said the top price being 70 since I know we'll probably incur other charges for the extra people and the additional hotel costs. I'm pretty sure the most we'll like to spend is $100 a night.

My sister will be traveling with a friend who works with Westin. We may be able to get employee pricing on a room, but since I won't know for sure until Monday if I'll be able to go or not, he may not be able to get us a room since it might not be the required amount of advance notice the company requires.

So, for now I'm looking at Priceline or Hotwire as a back up. Right now, it's looking like our only choice may be the Circus circus or Sahara, which is kind of far from where I'd like to be and I'm trying to decide if it'd be better to shell out a little more for a room closer to the central strip, or if it'd be better to stay further away from the central strip and pay for transportation to the Central strip...either way I think at the end of the trip the costs would end up equaling themselves out and I might as well pay more to be more Central.

I found this on lastminutetravel, it says it's a 4 Star Off The Strip location...kind of sounds like the Westin.

General Description

4 star accommodations

City views and exceptional service

Close proximity to business district

Close proximity to historic district

Close proximity to major attractions

Close proximity to shopping district

Deluxe accommodations

Contemporary accommodations

Contemporary style and d

We may be able to get employee pricing on a room, but since I won't know for sure until Monday if I'll be able to go or not, he may not be able to get us a room since it might not be the required amount of advance notice the company requires.

Please confirm your plans and then if you'll be able to get an employee rate at the Westin or not... anything we take the time to ID now may not be the hotel(s) offered once you're ready to commit to a purchase (if it's even necessary)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

bearcatfan,

Can you please add the date(s) of your stay to your Priceline Cincinnati thread so that win can appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin you future travel bidding and searches.

Can you please add the date(s) of your stay to your Priceline Cincinnati thread so that win can appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.
I was just wondering what she got in Vegas...

...and somebody else may be wondering for what days of the week and/or time of year you won the Hyatt Regency for... so please follow-up your Priceline Cincinnati so the information will be most helpful to others :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]