Priceline Hotel: NYC MTW

Mayalla
By Mayalla,
in

Hi, I am travelling on the 2nd of March and leaving on the 7th. I require three rooms and would prefer a 3 1/2* to 4* hotel up to 150 Dollars per night per room. What should I do to ensure that? Should I bid closer to the date and how many days do you recommend before it becomes risky that we cannot get what we want. Is there another area you would recommend? Is MTE better value?

Many questions. Thanks for your help. Very happy to have found this.

I have used Priceline before and got the Embassy Suites for 140 dollars in April, 2 years ago which I thought was great value and a geat hotel if a little farther away from the action than I would have liked. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't know your specific needs/plans for your NYC stay, but i would suggest expanding your zones to include the MTE and UM/CPS zones... you can read a description about each in the PRICELINE ZONE DESCRIPTIONS thread i wrote for NYC.

Let us know if either or both of the zones mentioned above are options to include in your search and we'll then provide a strategy for you to follow which goes up to your $150 limit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So to make sure i understand correctly, you're fine with MTE, MTW, UM/CPS, and MTS (you didnt' mention MTE in your last post, but did in your previous post, so i'm assuming that's fine for your needs).

Priceline is usually a bit cheaper than Hotwire (except when there are major price changes during your stay and you're not willing to split your bid). However, i don't think this applies to your stay and prices look pretty good.

On HOTWIRE i see what i believe to be the Millenium Broadwy for your dates for $135/nite (the ameniteis are pretty generic for NYC, so no gurantees, but it does match what has previously been reported for this property). Assuming your fine with this property, and that our identification is correct, i would keep my bids at $135 and under since at that point Hotwire would become a cheaper option.

When bidding 4* in NYC you have 2 re-bid zones, available, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read: PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board (in order to avoid any mistakes).

If you understand re-bidding, this is how i would proceed...

Select 4* MTW and...

Bid $100, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $105, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bdi zone2 and...

Bid $120.

If the above is rejected close that browser and re-access priceline however you did prevously.

Select 4* MTS and...

Bid $115, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $120, if rejected add UM/CPS and MTS (at the same time) and...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $135.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have (and if you're new at this we encourage confirming your re-bid zones to make sure you have them correct).

If the above fails, i would then purchase the 4* on HOTWIRE (and please use this link to do so). If you're unsure of whch hotel we believe is the Millenium Broadway ask for clarification. (BTW, if you wanted to spend a little more than your budget, what i believe is the Drake is also available for $157/nite)

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- i merged your other post into this thread as we were posting at the same time, the 4* Times Square hotel you describe above is what i'm refering to in my post and believe to be the Millenium Broadway (do take note of the generic amenity 'warning' i mention above)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]