Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Chelsea-Knightsbridge) Crowne Plaza Kensington

marychv
By marychv,
in

Hi,

I am looking for a hotel in London in the Bloomsbury marble Arch area from june 26 to the 27. The options are

3 star

Restaurant

Bussiness center

3.5 out of 5 on trip advisor

$125

4 star

laundry facilities

high speed internet

4 out of 5 on trip advisor

$169

3.5 star

Restaurant

Bussiness center

High speed internet accesss

3.5 out of 5 on trip advisor

$153

Thank you for your help.

This would be a match for the Intercontinental Park Lane so that would be my guess.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

I was going to book it today but it does not appear in the search anymore. Should I keep monitoring the site, do you think it will appear again or should I look for another option?

Thanks.

That Intercontinental may come and go. I have seen it for as low as $124 in December and then about a month out it went way up.

You are not inclined to try priceline? There are so many rebid zones. I put in a low estimate for your date ($131) as I am needing that weekend as well, but will probably wait 3 months more to book.

It gave a rebid of $181. I would think with that rebid that you could win on Priceline for about $160 to $165. $163 comes to a total of just $200 or

Can you help me identify a 5* Mayfair Soho London

june 26

$229

Internet access

Bussiness center

spa

restaurant

fitness center

I can confirm that this is indeed the Intercontinental Park Lane. Got it for the previous night 6/25-6/26 for $222 for 3 people in one room (my win). Pretty expensive compared to possible Priceline wins, but divided between 3 it's not that bad and definitely better than triple rooms through Expedia or other sites.

I'll make a separate topic about this win as well.

You had mentioned previously that you are needing 3 rooms, with one being a triple.

I assume you are putting in 3 rooms 7 adults when searching on Hotwire to get these rates.

I can not identify this latest hotel, but did notice that if you buy 3 rooms the total cost is $732, while 4 rooms with the same number of guests would only cost a total of $698.

I do understand your concern as rooms in london are often small. The park lane can not accomodate 3 in a room, while the grovesnor house can.... and so on....

Hope you find one that works for you.

The Westminster property above has not yet been reported to the board or identified, but at $50 more per nite, and lower rated, than the previous 4* hotel in the Regent Park- Baker street- Camden Lock property, is there something in particular you're looking for from this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am putting in 3 rooms with 6 adults and 1 child, but will try with 4 rooms.

I was looking for a location near oxford street, I think the Camden Lock hotel is too far away from it. We are travelling with my parents and they want to stay near this area.

Thank you for all your help. I will keep you posted.

Another hotel just came up (searching for 3 rooms with 6 adults and 1 child)

Kensington Chelsea Knightsbridge

4*

Fitness center

high speed internet

bussiness center

restaurant

Trip advisor 4.5 recomendation as of january 2010

recommended by 85% of the costumers

Price $199

I thought it would be the Holiday Inn Kensington forum but the trip advisor recomendations don't match. It would also have to be able to have a triple room as I searched3 rooms with 6 adults and 1 child.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This property has not yet been reported to the board or identified.

These amenities are common for a 4* hotel in London, but the Crowne Plaza seems to fit the Tripadvisor information provided so that would be a guess.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this works well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]