Hotwire Hotel: Help me ID Downtown west Toronto 3*

DaBear4523
By DaBear4523,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been identified, but is there something you're looking for from this stay? There is a 4* hotel in this zone for just $10 more per nite, which would seem to be a reasonable price to pay for a full jump in star rating.

There are also 3.5* and 4* properties in the Downtown East zone for less than this 3*, if either of this nearby zone would work for your needs as well.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the responses, i'm looking for a room that is in an area relatively close to the Rogers Center as i'm going to watch some baseball, i was told by a friend who lives in Toronto to look at the Downtown west areas as the hotels listed in the identified list are just a short walk away.

I'm looking for a hotel that would allow two guys to be able to share the room with two beds in there, i was actually hoping that the property would be identified as the residence inn. Do you have any suggestions on how I would be able to ensure being able to find a room that would allow us to have two beds even if one was a pullout couch or a rollaway? In cases such as this, is there an advantage booking through PRICELINE over HOTWIRE?

Orbitz also has a few properties at the 3*/4* level that would be similarly priced or less with the FABSAVE10 (10% off) coupon.

Please use the site's Orbitz.com link.

PRICELINE does not guarantee two beds. HOTWIRE guarantees bedding for your entire party, but if you are searching for 2, since that is double occupancy, that may only still result in one bed. Let me see what I can find.

I'm seeing the Novotel Toronto Centre for $105 (30% off - regular rate $151) on Orbitz for 2 beds. That property, according to Google, is a little less than 1.5M from the Rogers Center.

On HOTWIRE, when searching for 2 adults/2 children (to indicate more than 2 in the room & the need for bedding for more than 2), I'm seeing a 3.5* in Toronto E (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, likely the Delta Chelsea) for $89, and that would be 2M from the Rogers Center. I'm also seeing the previously unID'd 3* in Downtown West and a 4* in Downtown West for $119 w/ Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business (which could be a match for a number of different properties - the Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton and Intercontinental have been reported with this amenity set.

Unfortunately, the Residence Inn does not look to be appearing for these dates on HOTWIRE.

If you search HOTWIRE (please use this link and Internet Explorer) for 2adults/1child (which ensures separate beds) a 4* hotel in the Downtown West zone with Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Internet for $119/nite. If you click CONTINUE next to this offering and scroll down under the map, you'll also see a Tripadvisor rating of 3.5/5.0 and 60+ reviews. This matches the Hyatt Regency so that would be my best guess. Assuming correct, this appears to be very close to Rogers Center (MAP)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A number of people have asked for an ID of the 3* Downtown West hotel, but we've never been able to confirm its identity. My best guess has always been the Holiday Inn Midtown; if I'm right, that obviously doesn't do you any good.

How close do you need to be to Rogers Centre? The Hyatt Regency is about as close as you're going to get using Hotwire (the Radisson Admiral is the only other hotel I can think of that comes up on Hotwire frequently and is comparably close). If you're willing to stay about a mile from Rogers Centre, the best deal on Hotwire right now is the 4* in Downtown Toronto East (Smoke Free, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, High-Speed Internet, Spa), which is a match for the Westin Harbour Castle.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]