Priceline Hotel: Trip to Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria then Toronto

andrew_glasgow
By andrew_glasgow,
in

Hi everyone, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong format.

I've been reading through the site for a couple of days now, and I'm looking to make my first purchase on priceline for myself and my girlfriend's trip to Canada.

I'm going to Toronto for 8 nights from 9/06/10 - 17/06/10, the Vancouver for 7 nights from 17/06/10 - 24/06/10, Victoria for 8 nights from 24/06/10 - 2/07/10, then back to Toronto for 3 nights from 2/07/10 - 5/07/10.

I want to stay in Toronto downtown, Vancouver downtown and near the harbour in Victoria.

The budget is $70 per night including taxes, is this unrealistic? I'm not bothered about breakfast although it would be a bonus, looking to stay in a 4* hotel in each place.

I would really appreciate help with this, I've been using the calander tool to try and help me and have spotted great places such as the Sharaton in downtown Toronto going for $50/night plus taxes in June so this would be amazing if we could get that price.

Thanks a lot :)

Andrew

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please stick with the board format of one stay per thread... we'll use this thread for your first stay in Tornoto, from 6/9/09-6/17/09; feel free to start NEW TOPIC(s) for your other stays.

For Toronto, i'm going to guess that $70 'all-in' is going to fall a little short... it may not be too far off, but unfortunately you can't take the lowest priced win you can find and assume that it will be available for your own stay (especially for an 8 nite stay). As well, i don't see the $50 win for June that you're refering to, although admittedly i didn't look too hard for it, but if you can provide a link perhaps there is an explanation for the very low price for this time of year (ie- perhaps it was last year when the economic climate was, according to some, on the brink of collapse)

Is both the Downtown North and Downtown South zones acceptable? Also, please post your limits in bid price... what is your maximum bid for this leg of your stay (before fees and taxes)

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have NINE re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown North and Downtown South...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $64, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $66, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi again,

Sorry I haven't put a bid in yet for a couple of reasons, main one being that I'm waiting on the woman I know who works for British Airways getting back to me today with my booking confirmation. Also, can you tell me if it would be advisable bidding solely on either downtown North or South first of all, in order to get hopefully the sheraton (or increase my chances), then if the bid fails I would have another free rebid by adding the other (I'm not sure whether it is North or South).

Thanks again for all your help, hopefully get my bids in later today :-)

Andrew

Can anyone tell me if Canada - like America - tend to charge resort fees for their hotels?

Is there some form of list that can be referred to regarding the fees and if not is it usually 3* and upwards that tend to charge them? Perhaps it would be a good idea to include this information in people's winning bids/fees paid for both priceline and hotwire?

Thanks

ps still not booked my hotel yet as still awaiting confirmation of flights :-( thanks

Which zone is the sheraton in? Is there a better zone out of the 2? Thanks

I thought I'd address this for you, Andrew. The Sheraton Centre is in the south zone. I've stayed in quite a number of Toronto hotels. The Sheraton Centre is one of my favourites due to the enormous size of the facility and the accompanying amenities that one might find at such a large hotel. I find it conveniently located for most touristy things in Toronto as it's right in the heart of downtown and on the subway line as well. I would not worry though if you do not happen to win the Sheraton Centre as there are lots of nice 4* hotels in Toronto. Out of the rest my favourite are the Hilton, which is right across the street from the Sheraton Centre and the historic King Edward.

I'm not an expert by any means but I've quite often won Toronto priceline hotels in the 60s range so I figure your $70 budget would be very do-able. When I'm booking so far in advance (as you are) I try to get myself a really wicked deal in the 50s. Like i'll start at $50 and inch up a dollar at a time. There are many rebid zones in Toronto and if I don't win immediately, I'd try again in the next few days. I wouldn't worry so much about either winning the downtown north or downtown south zone as everything in downtown is just a stop or two away on the subway and as mentioned there are many fine 4* hotels in Toronto.

Hope this helped!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]