Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Shearton New York

Juanjo28
By Juanjo28,
in

Hey guys!!!! I really want to get this hotel (since its one that my gf has wanted to stay at because of the architecture)....

Hotwire has it I believe at $185... If ther is a strategy where I have a chance of getting it or at least something as good as it... for a max bid of $150... I'd be estatic... If not the Westin I'd like any 4* and up hotels either in Times Square or Central Park Area (same rates apply)....

No way to target the Westin specifically, but there's some other ideas within your $150 budget:

Beekman Towers (this is 3.5* rated) 1BR suite at $119/nite review

Drake Swissotel at $149/nite review

Fitzpatrick Manhattan at $149/nite review

Fitzpatrick Grand Central at $149/nite review

Let us know if any of the above work for you or if you'd rather try for something thru Priceline (less ability to 'select' a hotel though) and we'll suggest a strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd be willing to do priceline if Id get equal or greater quality for about same (less) price... I am looking at these too, but if u think there is a strategy that will be helpful I'd appreciate it (not too picky as to brand name as long as enough space and decent luxury at those two areas)

Thanx guys!!!

My opinion is that the Drake above is a great deal for $150, and better than some other 4* hotels that are available thru Priceline; so it depends upon whether 'luxury' is more important than price.

If budget is more of a concern, i would proceed as follows, with a maximum bid of $135, since after that i would definately take the the Drake due to it's reputation as being a higher quality hotel than some of the other 4 stars in Manhattan (and there's no booking fee thru EasyClick after booking fee the difference is probably less than $10/nite).

I'm assuming that you're intentionally avoiding the MTE zone? (so i won't include it, although HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Inter-Continental for $147/nite)

You have 2 re-bid zones when bidding 4* in the NYC area. If you're unsure of your re-bid zones please ask for help before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW and...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $110.

If rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $120

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2

Bid $125.

Select 4* UM/CPS and re-bid zone2

Bid $125.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS and re-bid zone2

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $135.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was just about to book the Drake (great rate) but I actually recieved a confirmed rate at $115 using priceline for the Sheraton New york Hotel and Towers.... I have read MANY mixed reviews so I am not sure if it was a good pick or not? This sounds like a good pick to you guys? Any experiences/tips when checking in (floors etc)? Thanks guys!

Solid hotel with an excellent location... but note that over the weekend there was a problem with the subway and the A, C, and E trains are affected which may make you have to walk a block or two for subway access instead of right near your door.

Have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]