Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (Chelsea) Hilton Garden Inn

lisau28
By lisau28,
in

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I'm new to the priceline system, albeit I have gone through the forums and tips etc... wondering if I could get some tips on bidding on a room for one night of the 25th of january? I am a student travelling alone and need to take the bus at 6am next day from Port Authority, so would like somewhere conveniently close as well as being safe (and warm!). I'm guessing I should bid in the MTE area, but not too sure. Something less than $100 would be nice, but would still like a tolerable hotel, so will pay more as needed. How should I bid?

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to Betterbidding! :)

When looking on HOTWIRE for your dates, there are a few options at around $100, but one in particular may be of interest - a 3.5* in the Chelsea-Madison SQ Garden area w/fitness, restaurant, internet for $99. That would be a match for the amenity set previously reported with The New Yorker Ramada Plaza, which was redone not that long ago. If the listing is in fact the New Yorker, that hotel is about 7 blocks or so South of the Port Authority.

If you would like to still bid on PRICELINE, please let us know, although with that, you could end up in any part of the particular PRICELINE zone. MTE is quite nice, but some parts of MTE would be a pretty sizable walk to the Port Authority.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

I'll add to the above that unless you're looking to take a taxi to the Port Authority, MTE probably isn't your best bet in terms of location... it's not far, but other zones would be much closer. MSG, TS and most of MTW would all be more centrally located (and even the 'worst' part of the MTW zone would get you closer than the best part of the MTE zone)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies. Opps, I made a mistake with MTE, I was supposed to type MTW. Anyway, I'm happy to take a short taxi ride to port authority but still would like to live close-ish. MTW, TS, MSG?

I had a look on hotwire before I posted, and options didn't look too good... looking at the calender of previous wins someone managed to get the Roosevelt hotel for $90 so happy to give priceline a go.

Cheers

I was reading through past posts, saw that someone managed to get hilton garden inn chelsea for $80, so decided to try bidding in the chelsea area, and won 2 nights at $70. I initially was going to stay the first night (24th Jan) at a hotel near JFK, but decided for that price, 2 nights in chelsea would be worth it. Thanks for your help. Guess i'll be taking the taxi to port authority after all.

Any tips for my stay in Chelsea? Good places to eat, getting there from the JFK, etc?

Just won the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea for two nights at $70/night.

Room Cost : $70.00

Number of Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $140.00

Taxes and Fees: $35.52

Total Room Cost: 175.52 (USD)

No bidding history, won on first bid. Wasn't expecting to win... guess I should have started off a bit lower... but will know for next time!

Used the betterbidding PRICELINE link.

Cheapest I could find elsewhere was Expedia for $112 a night, and total would have come up to $270.

Thanks for all your help in my post before

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]