MI Detroit Suburbs Marriott Pontiac Auburn Hills

footloose
By footloose,
in

The Marriott Pontiac is conveniently located near highways, shopping, and both the Palace and the Silver Dome. Although the building looks basic from the outside, the interior was beautifully decorated and spotless. Our request for a non-smoking room with two beds was granted and no mention of Priceline was made. Our room was of an average size with two very comfortable double beds, side chair, large desk and swivel-type chair, and armoire with TV and coffee maker. The bathroom was larger than most 3* hotels that we've stayed in. The door between our room and the hall was very solid and heavy and kept out almost all noise. The pool area was very clean and attractive and included a hot tub, fitness room and men's and women's locker rooms with saunas. This place was a bargain for our winning Priceline bid of $45. We would love to return again and again!

• 9 months later...

Late Oct 2005 stay.

As soon as I got my PL reservation # I emailed Marriot with my room requests since I couldn't change it online - but I could view it online. They added my request for King NS within 30 minutes.

This was a great Hotel and I was impressed. Front Desk personel was from Egypt and really added a touch of class to an already nice hotel. They treated me like a regular paying customer and never gave me the priceline look.

Received a king NS on the 9th floor. Wonderful room. Coffee & Tea, fridge, wired internet and unlimited LD calls for $10 a night, and a better than expected bathroom.

No noticible noise from the highway or from other guests ever.

Indoor pool was a little small, and the outdoor pool looked even smaller - but - no one ever was at the pool when I was there - so it didn't matter!

Applesbees and some upper scale italian joint were right next to the hotel, and BK, quizznos, coney island, pizza, and some chinese restaurants were right across the street - very conveinent.

The Palace was about a 10 minute drive - Side note: The U2 staff stayed at this hotel when playing at the Palace (But not U2 themselves)

I really liked how this hotel was not directly on Opdyke Road unlike many of the other hotels.

Wireless internet is free if you connect down in the lobby.

You will be happy with the hotel - 2 thumbs up!

View

u20012il.th.jpg

Bathroom

u20036ff.th.jpg

Room 1

u20049ze.th.jpg

Bed

u20056wf.th.jpg

Room 2

u20069fs.th.jpg

EDIT BY THEREUARE: thank you for sharing your photos with the board. In the future please use our sister site, RealHotelPhotos.com to post your pictures... it gives us more control over broken links than by using 3rd party providers

• 9 months later...

We had two rooms at this hotel last week and I concur with the other reviews. The hotel was really lovely. They have changed the bedding since the pictures above were taken. The beds are very comfortable and have wonderful white cotton duvets now. We enjoyed the pool area as well. It was a warm evening and really nice to sit around the outdoor pool with it's low lighting. The restaurant serves a very good buffet breakfast for 11.95 with cooked to order omelettes and waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit and all the other normal buffet fare. There's an excellent sushi restaurant in the plaza across the street. When we checked in we gave them our Marriott Rewards cards for incidentals and asked for non-smoking quad rooms. The clerk did mention that it was a Priceline res. but no problem at all with our requests. At $45 this was truly a steal. I'll never go to another Detroit Shock or Pistons game without trying to get a room here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]