Priceline Hotel: NYC Midtown West, 4*

cardsfan
By cardsfan,
in

City Club Hotel offers rooms with 1 Double bed- is it possible to win this room? Do they consider that sufficient for 2 adults?

I've read reviews on other sites (tripadvisor) that say Priceline & Hotwire bids will get you this room.

If this is possible, I want to avoid this zone.

Thanks.

Cardsfan.

PRICELINE considers a double bed enough for two people (whereas HOTWIRE did not)... so thru PRICELINE this would be a possibility.

If you need help with a bidding strategy let us know the details of your stay and we'll try to assist accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My trip is June 8-12, for 2 adults.

I definately do not want 1 double bed.

I have gone thru the Pinned list of hotels. In Times Sq-Theatre Dist. (priceline) all 4* hotels have acceptable beds, either 1 king, or 2 double beds. I have gone to their websites of each hotel and checked their available bed types.

Would I be safe bidding on just the TS-TD 4* zone?

Thanks

Again, I will use your PRICELINE link to bid- as you are a great help.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been researching the bed situation in New York City. Since so many hotels have rooms w/ only 1 double bed- even in the 4 star hotels, I've had an idea. If I book 3 adults, 1 room, that will guarantee I will not have just 1 bed in the room right?

It's just me and hubby, but one double bed isn't an option.

Thanks.

Trip is in June 8-12, so I've got some time.

Will use your link to HW to proceed.

Good morning and Happy Holidays! :)

You may want to consider trying 2 adults/1 child. If you choose 3 adults, you will likely see a higher rate due to an extra person fee being added in. Hotwire guarantees bedding for the amount of people; that may be 1 bed + 1 sofabed or 2 beds. Additionally, if you search in NYC for more than 2 people, a number of the options may not appear (as some may only show when searching for 2.)

Is this for the same trip discussed in your Priceline NYC thread?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]