MN Minneapolis-St Paul Crowne Plaza Northstar Downtown

srock
By srock,
in

First of all, this is the Minneapolis Crowne Plaza Northstar (not Northwest) and is located in downtown Minneapolis. I stayed here for three nights the weekend after Thanksgiving 2009. The parking garage for the Northstar block can be access through 2nd Avenue or 5th or 6th Streets. Rates if you enter Friday after 2:30 pm or Saturday are $11 per day; other days are $20. There are in and out privileges.

Upon arrival, I asked if they could give me a room in a quiet location. They asked if I'd like the 16th floor where they put no children or groups. This was great. Even the vending and ice was behind a closed door. The room is of moderate size, but in good condition and well appointed. The bed was fine and there was an assortment of pillows of different softness. Heating system worked well. The hairdryer didn't work (creating a crisis for the wife) and was replaced within 5 minutes of calling. Business center, with two computers, was free to guests.

Priceline definitely underrates this hotel. They list it as a 3 start; it is at least a 3.5 star property.

A number of good restaurants are nearby. Good breakfast options include Hell's Kitchen (make a reservation) or the 8th Street Grill. About 1.5 miles away is "Eat Street" with a number of ethnic restaurants (some better than others). A big Macy's is a couple of blocks away. The Metrodome is within easy walking distance. Many of the buildings are connected by walkways, but figuring out which direction to go can be confusing.

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency last year (listed as 4 stars) and I'd have to say I prefer the Crowne Plaza.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]