Priceline Hotel: 4* London Airports (Heathrow) Marriott Windsor

rosaline
By rosaline,
in

Hello, this is my first time on this board! I hope you can help :)

I am looking for a hotel in London for 6 nights at the end of September (flying into Heathrow). I would like to pay less than $80 ($60-70 preferred). I will be a single female traveler so would like to stay in a safe area that is close to shopping and the main tourist attractions...

I would prefer to use Priceline but I am confused about all the different zones of London as I am not familiar with the city. Would you mind please describing the zones/recommending some that might suit me? Also, what star level should I shoot for with my budget?

I would really appreciate your help! THANK YOU.

The dates are Sept 26th, 3 nights at the moment. With Priceline bids in the past I have been able to extend stays for the same price so I might need to extend for 3 additional nights. Can I do this with Hotwire too or just Priceline?

Also, I am looking on Hotwire and see a 3* in Notting Hill-Bayswater with a restaurant and business center as listed amenities - $70. Does anyone know what this could be? 3.5 rating on tripadvisor. This is when I search for all 6 days (09/26-10/02).

When I search for just 3 days, I seem to get the same hotel (same amenities and rating) for $73...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The "add a nite" feature is only offered thru PRICELINE and it is not always offered after a winning bid, so it's not something that you can expect or rely on... HOTWIRE does not offer this feature.

Zones that are bid frequently include Bloomsbury-Marble Arch, Kensington-Earls Court-Knightsbridge, Mayfair-Soho, and Regents Park-Baker Street... but you should try to determine some of your plans and the things you intend to do and see which of these would work best for your plans.

When will your plans be firm regarding the number of nights you need?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can address the "single female" traveler part of your questions. Add "grandmother" to that list and it describes me. I've been to London a number of times. More often as the first/last day or so of another trip, but one time spent 9 days there just "doing London". I've never felt unsafe. Just exercised the normal precautions one would in any large city. The underground (tube) is wonderful for getting around. Make it your friend.

London is actually pretty compact. The hotels at which I've stayed (about 1/2 via PriceLine, some as part of tours, and some I unearthed via guidebooks and web pre-PL), all seemed to have some immediate shopping/eating facilities right in the area, plus an underground station within a short walk that will take you anywhere else.

The dollar is pretty weak against the British pound right now, so your budget will be tight.

If you are also departing from Heathrow and have an early flight, you might consider an airport hotel for the last night. I like that option, but some have other opinions about it. If you are thinking of it, take a little while and read the reviews of the England-LHR hotels (Hotel Reviews tab above). There is also good train service from London to the airport.

Romelle

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]