Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Loop) Palmer House Hilton

lettezilla
By lettezilla,
in

Just wanted to report back, I used the BetterBidding.com link to search hotwire, and found that what I thought was the Palmer House Hilton was going for $79. Indeed, it was.

Here's a couple of points just for information:

I tried to break this into 2 reservations as the first 2 nights are vacation and the last 3 are for work and will be reimbursed. However, the lowest price for the weekend block was $129/night, so we figured it was worth the potential confusion when turning in receipts!

Also, as some people have mentioned, I was offered a paid upgrade upon checkin when I was at the Palmer House this weekend. I think it was $39, and included a bigger room on a "premier" floor and breakfast for 2. We declined, but this might be a good option for someone. They also do late checkout until 4pm for $25.

We were on the 10th floor, and it was as nice as the (unpaid) upgrade to a premier floor we had earlier in the year. I'm glad we got this hotel again as it's a great location for everything we want, is nice without being stuffy, and is very comfortable.

Thanks, BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

Definitely a very nice deal for the Palmer during the pre-Christmas period. $39 isn't a particularly bad price (as Chicago goes) for an upgrade and free breakfast for two. Glad you had a nice stay this past weekend.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Just wanted to report back, I used the BetterBidding.com link to search hotwire, and found that what I thought was the Palmer House Hilton was going for $79. Indeed, it was.

Here's a couple of points just for information:

I tried to break this into 2 reservations as the first 2 nights are vacation and the last 3 are for work and will be reimbursed. However, the lowest price for the weekend block was $129/night, so we figured it was worth the potential confusion when turning in receipts!

Also, as some people have mentioned, I was offered a paid upgrade upon checkin when I was at the Palmer House this weekend. I think it was $39, and included a bigger room on a "premier" floor and breakfast for 2. We declined, but this might be a good option for someone. They also do late checkout until 4pm for $25.

We were on the 10th floor, and it was as nice as the (unpaid) upgrade to a premier floor we had earlier in the year. I'm glad we got this hotel again as it's a great location for everything we want, is nice without being stuffy, and is very comfortable.

Thanks, BetterBidding!

Hi, just wondering what were the amenities that shown on hotwire?

thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]