Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Omni Berkshire

Travis_Patton
By Travis_Patton,
in

Unfortunately, there's been no let-up in terms of prices so far for the Fall/Winter time period. $236 is expensive, but a reasonable price for NYC during this time period. The regular price is $275 for these dates.

There may be better deals available in NYC, but it depends - if you have to stay in MTE and want a 4*, then this is the listing that HOTWIRE is currently offering. If you are flexible, then other areas may offer better discounts.

My wife and I are going to NYC area in December and want to stay in the city 12/12-12/15. We really only want to stay in the Midtown East neighborhood. I have never used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE before, but saw on Hotwire that a 4* in MTE was offered for $236 (identified as likely the W New York in the NY hotwire forum yesterday). I would like to stay at a 4* in MTE for less than $200 a night, but have no idea if this is a pipe dream considering the holidays in NYC are probably fairly busy. But I thought that if HOTWIRE's price was already at $234, i might have a chance.

What do yall think?

Are you familiar with re-bidding and using your re-bid zones? (when bidding 4* in NYC you have FIVE such re-bid zones)

See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask question. If you're new to re-bidding it's strongly recommended that you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. Is $200 your maximum bid for a 4* hotel?

Can i inquire as to why you only want to stay in the MTE zone? It's a fine place to stay, but with NYC so compact and mass transit easily accessible, i'm not sure how/why the MTE zone would work well for your plans but some of the other nearby midtown zones would not.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE link for your bidding attempts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My wife really wants to stay in that specific area, and I am interested in the specific hotels that I've seen that are listed as 4 stars in that area (Grand Hyatt, Intercontinetal, and W New York). I know it really limits my search, but when i saw on hotwire a 4 star available at a price that is close to what i'd like to bid on priceline, it made me think that it could work. I could bid higher than $200, but didn't know if it was smart to wait and see if a $200 bid would be accepted in the next several days. What do you think?

...but didn't know if it was smart to wait and see if a $200 bid would be accepted in the next several days.

Nobody can say what prices will do in the next few days while you continue to bid... they could go down, or they could go up, and this current offering could disappear entirely.

It likely won't take much more than $200 at the moment, but you have to decide if it's worth the risk of waiting to save an extra $10-$20/nite? :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I waited 24 hours and rebid again on priceline through the betterbidding PRICELINE link for a 4* in MTE. Tried bids of $175, $200, $220, and with a bid of $230 I got the Omni Berkshire Place. Very happy with the hotel, was hoping I could get it for a little less than that and maybe should have given it more time, but the HOTWIRE price I was comparing my bid to was fluctuating between $234 and $244 per night, so I thought I should jump on it.

Enjoyed using PRICELINE, thanks for all the great advice!

Congratulations on your success!

While more than you wanted to spend, this is certainly one of the nicest 4*'s in the zone, so certainly a great result. Lowest price on Expedia is $425, so certainly a great discount off retail price. Glad that the board was helpful with your purchase. :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]