Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Beach) The Palms

ande8150
By ande8150,
in

10/13 - 10/18

Bid on 4* on South Beach Collins between $130 and $170 using rebid zones and wasn't succesfull.

Bin on 4* on Miami Beach between $95 and $130 and was sucessful at $130 for the Palms, although I was hoping for Eden Roc.

Used the BB PRICELINE link.

Priceline lists the Palms as 4*, but other sites such as TripAdvisor only list it as 3* with many negative reviews. What are the criteria for Priceline to list a hotel as a 4* and is there anything I can do if I don't feel it is up to 4* standards?

Sorry to hear you have some concerns regarding the hotel you received and your upcoming stay.

You can see the criteria that PRICELINE currently uses for this quality hotel here: Pricleine 4 Star hotels.

Unfortunately there is no inustry standard for star ratings and much of it is subjective, but if you do have an issue with this property you can contact PRICELINE and let them know that you don't agree with the star rating. Given the subjectiveness of star ratings, this is often a tough argument, but sometimes they have made rating changes based upon user feedback and comments, and if you pursue this route it would be best to have as much 'evidence' as you can which supports why the hotel should be lower rated than 4 stars (ie- a lower rating from the major online booking agencies, poor reviews at Tripadvisor, etc.)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Let us know how your stay goes, and if you do contact PRICELINE what their response it.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]