Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) W New York

mcremata
By mcremata,
in

Most likely W New York. Surprisingly decent price, given how pricey NYC is throughout most of the Fall. The tripadvisor rating (and HOTWIRE bringing back review counts on the tripadvisor ratings is much appreciated) also is a match.

There's also a 3.5* TS Suite property for $148, which would likely be the Doubletree Suites - not a 4*, but not a bad rate for a 3.5* w/larger rooms.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link.

hmmmm.... thanks. i'm giving some thought to going for it. i like the W. my dates are 10/15 - 10/19.

have had a tough time on priceline trying both 4* and 3.5*. my last attempt on 4* took me to a $220 bid with a counteroffer to raise my bid $25. i did nothing but have noticed in the last week that rejecting the counter and upping my bid to the half way point b/w my offer and the counter has not been working. point is, yesterday's attempt to $220 w/ a counter to go up to $245 may be the price i'd have to pay on priceline for a 4* and i may end up in a less desirable area than the W since i was including all zones.

so... i'm thinking, this hotel, which appears to be the W is priced on hotwire for $273 for my entire stay 10/15 - 10/19. but it's $265 for 10/15-10/18 and $159 for 10/18-10/19 making it average to $238.50 per night.

thougths?

I've seen mild variations in price for what would *appear* to be the same hotel in terms of whole stay versus single days, so this would not be unusual/unheard of.

I looked at your dates yesterday and 10/15-18 is expensive, but 10-18/19 is (at least in the case of quite a few hotels) cheaper.

There's also a 4* in the ESB area for $219 w/restaurant, business, internet that would likely be the Carlton on Madison Ave. Better overall reviews, but it would be a mile or so South of the W.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]