Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Manchester Grand Hyatt

theQ
By theQ,
in

Found this board researching how to use PRICELINE and HOTWIRE and was looking for feedback from people that had used them before. This board was very helpul!

Started 2 days ago and entered a bid for $60 4* San Diego Downtown-Harbor Island

bid was rejected

added Coronada and bid $65 hoping for acceptance or feedback that a hotel would be available for an additional sum as some users had reported. Bid rejected without feedback

Bid again yesterday after waiting 24 hours; 4 * San Diego Downtown-Harbor Island bid $70 which was rejected

Added Coronada and bid $75. bid rejected again without feedback

Bid this morning 4* San Diego Downtown-Harbor Island $80 which was accepted.

Manchester Grand Hyatt $14.36 taxes and fees $80 room. Was hoping for either the Omni or the Manchester so I'm very happy with the result.

Don't know why I didn't get any feedback on the previous bids like other users had reported. Would be interested if anyone knew why or when you get feedback on a bid that's rejected.

Thanks to the Administrator and good luck to everyone using this board. :)

(I did use the PRICELINE link from this board to enter all of my bids)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

Don't know why I didn't get any feedback on the previous bids like other users had reported. Would be interested if anyone knew why or when you get feedback on a bid that's rejected.
Do you mean a counter-offer where PRICELINE states "...if you're willing to increase your bid by $xx you can bid again immediately..." If so, we refer to those as counter-offers and they're somewhat random, but you can read more about them here: Priceline Suggests Price to Pay.

Also, it appears that you only made one bid at a time every 24 hours, but you did have re-bid zones avaialble in order to bid again immediately. If you're not familiar with re-bidding it's detailed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and you should ask any questions you have in this regard (and if you're new to re-biddig it's strongly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes I bid and then re-bid adding a zone and then waited 24 hours to bid again after my bid and re-bid were rejected.

I also was referring to counter offers when I mentioned "feedback" and thank you for the link on that issue.

There was a reference to a 72 hour time period that I didn't understand. My understanding is that I can bid and if rejected must wait 24 hours to bid again unless I change a zone, star level, or date of travel allowing me to immediatley re-bid. What is the 72 hour limitaiton?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]