Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Hilton Airport

lenchik55
By lenchik55,
in

Booking 2 Rooms, 10/20 through 10/26 on Hotwire.

When I select 4 Adults (2 adults per room), I get a 3.5* for $57/night, with these amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

BUT, when I select 4 Adults and 2 Kids (The actual travel group), I get a 3.5* for $59/night, with the SAME amenities as the above hotel PLUS "Spa Services."

So is the $59/night hotel the Radisson? And the $57/night the Hilton? If so, is the Hilton a nicer hotel? I think I would rather stay there, but that would mean only reserving the room for 2 adults, not including kids.. any advice would be appreciated! Do they not like kids at the Hilton??

I'm planning to reserve 2 rooms via Hotwire or Priceline. My family members are coming to visit and are arriving at 1AM. Will I be able to personally go to the hotel and check into BOTH rooms to make sure they are reserved during the day? I'm concerned about room availability after midnight. The purchase will be on my credit card, but actually I will not be one of the guests at the hotel, although I could just put my name on there. Any advice?

Also, each room will have 2 adults and 1 kid. Is it a big risk to go through Priceline? The hotel will be a 3*, 3.5* or 4* in Los Angeles (LAX area). Hotwire has higher prices, but they allow you to put in kids, meaning you get 2 beds. I figure If I go to the Hotel when check-in starts and check-in to both rooms, I can most likely get rooms with 2 beds. How high of a risk am I taking with this?

Thank you in advance! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Since the Radisson has been known to show/not show the Spa icon from search to search, it's possible that both offerings above are the Radisson, with the Spa icon simply not showing when searhing without the kids.

I don't see any issue for you putting the rooms in your name, other than you'll be 'responsible' should there be any issues/problems at the hotel. The person whose name is on the reservation needs to be there at check-in, so if the others won't be arriving until after 1AM, you would need to put the room(s) in your name to accomplish what you're trying to do.

As far as the level of risk you're taking using PRICELINE given the double occupancy issue... tough to say since it will depend upon hotel ocupancy levels for the specific dates of your stay (as well as the mood of the check-in clerk when you check-in, hotel policy, number of rooms at the hotel with 2 beds vs. 1 bed, etc)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes, or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]