Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (Opera Quarter East-Les Halles) Novotel Paris Les Halles

brianc_li
By brianc_li,
in

Accepted first bid.

I had previously tried up to $160 for 3 nights 12/3 - 14/03. This had been rejected so I split the first night (Thu) from the other two and made a separate booking for the Fri & Sat nights. These I got at $120 in the Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel Suffren, again accepted first bid.

Bit of a pain to have to change hotels but both well reviewed and in excellent locations. Overall I'm happy.

Hello,

just saw this report about this 'new' hotel in Paris Priceline (i've been checking Paris bids because i'm planing a trip next year), and after looking at reviews in Tripadvisor and the location map in the hotel website and priceline NYOP, i can't see how can it be in Opera Quarter East-Les Halles zone. I'm i not getting the right adress to this hotel?

thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We just did that to give you reason to register :)

I agree as it looks to be in the Eiffel Tower zone, so i've sent the OP a message so hopefully they will come here and follow-up. (perhaps we have the zone or hotel wrong)

Thanks for letting us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Mea culpa. I put the wrong hotel name into the title.

Bidding was basically this:

I was looking for three rooms in central Paris from Thu 3rd December for three nights. Having looked on here I thought my best chance was the Novotel Tour Eiffel.

I bid up to $150 in both the Tour Eiffel area and Opera/Les Halles for all three nights. No success, only counter offers of $187. I wasn't prepared to go that high si I decided to split the bid. Thursday one night, and the two weekend nights.

First I bid for the weekend at $120. This was accepted first bid at the Mercure Tour Eiffel Suffren. I was very pleased with this as it is a decent hotel in an excellent location a few minutes walk from the tower itself.

I was then trying to get (ideally) the same hotel for the Thursday night. I tried booking the Thursday night direct on the hotels web site. Couldn't do that as they required a minimum two day stay. My first bid of $140 for the Eiffel Tour area was rejected with an invite that I could rebid if I increased my bid by $35. Rather than do this I added Opera/Les Halles and increased the bid to 144. To be honest I wasn't expecting to be given a hotel in Opera as it is a much more expensive area. To my surprise th bid was accepted at the Novotel Paris Les Halles.

In the end, whilst it is a bit of a pain to have to switch hotels after day I'm very happy. These are both decent, very well located, places which I am getting for about half the cheapest prepaid rate.

Details are, for three rooms: (Per room)

Thu Dec 3rd: Novotel Paris Les Halles - $144 plus $15 taxes and fees.

Fri Dec 4th & Sat Dec 5th: Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel Suffren - $120 plus $12.10 taxes and fees.

Sorry for any confusion. Hope this clarifies things.

Hi,

i have been following this forum for a while now, and liking everything travel related i really recognize the help you give to fellow travellers like me.

Now that i have registred i'll try to be helpful too :)

Thank you brianc_li for this bidding news.

S

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]