Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (CPS) Hudson

mcremata
By mcremata,
in

I tried booking nearly the same dates (10/7-10/11) back in mid August. I thought for sure I would get a decent price on a hotel based on what I saw at better bidding. (I was trying to stay at about $150 or so.) No luck though, I tried multiple times. I tried bidding on 3 1/2 and 4 star hotels in the Central Park South, Midtown West, Times Square, and Midtown East areas. I finally found (through extensive searching) a 3 star hotel for $180 a night, in a prime location. I've since continued trying to bid below $180, since I can cancel my reservations up to a week before our trip. After reading your posts however, I think I must have gotten a good deal. I went back to see what my hotel was going for now, and it is at $224, I'm glad I booked when I did, but I thought for sure prices would go down!!!!! I'm very surprised! Good luck to you!

I assume no interest in SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID? (not that i would given how close you are to an acceptance somewhere... i'd rather pay a few dollars extra and not have change hotels... it would be a different story, for me at least, if your bids were far away and you were way off)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks thereuare. i'd split the bid if i thought it would make a significant difference. from what i've seen though, there isn't one night in particular that is my problem. just read this morning on this forum that someone got the roosevelt, a 3.5* for 10/16 - 10/20, which is just a day off of my stay. perhaps that was the hotel i would have gotten if i'd accepted the counter offer of $175 the other day... MTE was in my bid.

i think i'm going to go back to bidding at a 4* and capping it at $175 or so and see how i do. someone on here just got the grand hyatt this morning for later in october for $140, i think i read.

Keep in mind that the winning priceline bid at $140 for the Grand Hyatt was for a solo Sunday nite (the slowest nite of the week for hotels) whereas your stay is for a multi-nite stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

bidding 4* went all the way to $220. got a counter to raise $25. didn't do it. considering the hotwire options, doesn't seem. what appears to be carlton on madison ave is $217 and what looks like millenium hilton $233.

do you think that splitting my bid would help? which way would you split?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]