Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea-Makena) Wailea Marriott

dawgsrock
By dawgsrock,
in

I have had airline tickets to Maui on Oct 14th for about a month now. So that has given me some time to make some low-ball bids. Having seen the lowest price over the summer to be $93 I started at $85 and inched up to as high as $97 with no success.

Recently I noticed someone won the Wailea Marriott for $75 so now I have been starting there and gone up in $5 increments by rebidding the other three zones (2 of which do not have resorts). I still have some time to inch my way up from there since I won't be arriving for over two weeks.

Where does October fit in as far as "peak" or "slow" season in Maui is concerned? Does anyone know?

I finally landed a resort from Oct 14-22. I started a low-ball bid of $75 at Wailea; added Lahaina and bid $85, added Kihei and bid $90. All these were refused.

I then added the airport region (I forget the name) and bid $95 which was accepted by the Marriott Resort at Wailea

I did use the PRICELINE link on this forum. Many thanks to all who posted their results on BB.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $95.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 8

Room Subtotal: $760.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $115.92 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $875.92 (USD)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]