Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Madison Square Garden-Convention) Four Points (40th St)

bobfrombob
By bobfrombob,
in

I'm used to using Priceline but finding out that NYC is busy/expensive on November 7. Based on what I'm seeing offered on Hotwire, I was seriously underbidding.

I'm looking at a 4* in Empire State with fitness, restaurant, business centre and high speed internet at $204 or a 3* in Chelsea/MSG with fitness, restaurant and business centre at $189.

Anyone able to identify these hotels or provide advice?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortuantely neither of the above have yet been identified.

How high have you bid on PRICELINE and for what zones? Why not continue your bidding up towards the prices of the hotels above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Learned something here - the Hotwire rates are a good indicator for bidding strategy/amounts.

- Used the better bidding link to PRICELINE

- Bid $160 for 3 1/2 * in Madison Square Gardens region

- added 3 *

- added Empire State region and went to $170

- got the Four Points By Sheraton Midtown - Times Square. Since I'm going to an event at Madison Square Gardens (Bruuuuuuuce), I'm quite happy with the location and guess the price is the best I could expect.

Thanks again for the advice and assistance. If you want to move this to the Priceline forum, I'm totally fine with that.

Cheers

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see your happy with the results and this property works well for your plans.

For future bidding, note that it's usally recommended to Lower Your Bid Price If You Lower Your Star Rating (whereas you lowered your star rating and raised your bid price) Please read the previous link and feel free to ask any questions you have.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... and the concert!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was trying to stay as close to Madison Square Gardens as possible. Based on what I had seen on Hotwire, I didn't think I would get a 3 1/2* for much less than $200 in that area so the initial $160 bid I made for a 3 1/2* was just a throw away really - I didn't expect it to be accepted. So then I stayed at $160 for the 3*. Knowing now that I wouldn't get a 3* in MSG region, but wanting to be close, I went to $170 and added Empire State.

I am always looking to learn more about bidding strategies so what should I have done differently?

Thanks again for all your help. This is a wonderful site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]