Priceline Hotel: Any experience w/ 3* Bangkok hotels?

raydon22
By raydon22,
in

Just returned from a business trip to Bangkok and screwed up w/ something so I need to return next month to fix it. On a tight budget, I'm looking for 3* hotels this time, although the 4* Marriott Bangkok Spa & Resort was AWESOME!!! Did a search and can't find any posts on this. According to TOBB, there's a 3* in the Sukhumvit zone -- the Regency Park -- but there are no posts on any successful bids. I'm trying for 13-24 of Jan 2005, and the hotel's lowest online rate is about $65 per night. Anyone with any experience on this?

You should get the RP for the 3* minimum bid, i.e. $25. During the good old days when bonus money was available, I paid about $9 per night all in. :) The property is a dump though, I'd rate it 2* at most. Also hassles you about visitors if that's of interest to you. Personally I would avoid both the RP and Novotel Lotus (Suk 4*, in reality a 3-star hotel).

I got the Tawana Ramada for 3star Riverside/Silom which is a very nice hotel for that level (service level almost on 5-star-level, IMO) - but you risk to get "upgraded" to Holiday Inn (which is in fact a downgrading). And I don't think Tawana Ramada will sell at very inexpensive rates via PL. Prices (PL) seem to be on the same level as Holiday Inn.

By the way, PL offers 1- and 2-star in Silom/Riverside too.. I'd really be curious what hotels are behind that...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]