Priceline Hotel: Bidding help: Kuala Lumpur 12/28-12/31

pauillac
By pauillac,
in

I tried up to $50 and lowered the level to 3-star, and still couldn't get a hotel for any of the three nights. Any ideas why that would be? The Renaissance that's been discussed on this board before does still seem to have availability if I try to book it directly from the hotel website, at a rate of $59 or so a night.

The hotel-direct rate appears to be closer to $70 and this is a bit more than when we saw the $40 accepted bid. It may simply require a higher bid or the higher rate may indicate that they have not given Priceline any inventory.

You could always try splitting the bid (trying 12/28-12/30 and/or 12/29-12/31) and if you have success with either then book direct with the same hotel for the remaining nite OR if you're willing to change hotels then bid on Priceline for the last nite.

If you end up needing to book direct with the Renaissance please use this board affiliate LINK in order to help continue to keep BetterBidding the free resource that it is.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm the one who won the previous Kuala Lumpur bid for my sister. I called the Renaissance today to speak with her and she confirmed that the Priceline rooms are DEFINITELY in the New World Wing, and the room was terrible and smelled like bleach (I didn't want to speculate what else might smell like that). She went down to the front desk and was moved up to a better floor, but not to the other wing. I'll call her later in the week to see how her new room turns out...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]