Priceline Hotel: Bidding strategy for Luxor or MGM Grand 9/18/09-9/20/09

ctaylor45
By ctaylor45,
in

From your previous thread:

didnt end up booking this trip through PRICELINE.
It would be more helpful to other users if you post what you did do for the stay rather than just that you didn't use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE... perhaps you booked something that somebody else might be interested in themselves, which they may not have otherwise considered if you didn't mention it (or help them find a suitable option if they're having trouble getting an accepted bid for their own stay)

In regards to your stay above, there is no way to target, or avoid, a specific property in a zone when using PRICELINE; so you wont' be able to target the Luxor or the MGM Grand... nor will you be able to avoid the Westin when bidding 4* in the South Strip zone.

If you're trying to target, or avoid, a particular property HOTWIRE can often be a better option as you can take an educated guess as to what you might receive based upon the amenities shown before your purchase.

What is your budget for this stay?

Please nite if you ultimately end up booking direct, that we are an affilaite of both the Luxor and the MGM Grand, please use the links in our support page if you choose to book these proeprties direct (or our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links if you go that route)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was able to find a "promotion" through the luxor direct, even with this special pricing the cost 119 and 136 a night respectively. I guess I wouldnt be totally opposed to staying at the westin if it is significantly cheaper than these prices. how much do you think I could secure a 4* in the south strip through priceline? what would you recommend I start out at pricewise?

PS I updated my old thread.

I guess I wouldnt be totally opposed to staying at the westin if it is significantly cheaper than these prices.

Let us know what your maximum bid would be that would make this worthwhile and we'll suggest a strategy for you to try.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Luxor link if you choose to book the deal direct)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have TWO re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Strip South...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip South and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

ok, I just found out I will be needing to take my dog with me on this trip, so now I am looking to stay specifically at la quinta tropicana. is there any way I can increase my chances with my bidding strategy to get this hotel? Or am I better off reserving it specifically? small dogs stay for free at la quintas. any help would be great thanks!

There is no way to bid on a specific hotel. Since you need a pet friendly property, it would be better to book this stay direct.

Please nite as per our support page we are an affiliate of the La Quinta hotels, please use our La Quinta linkn to begin any purchases you make.

THANKS!

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]