Priceline Hotel: 3* Tampa (Airport TPA - Westshore) Marriott

flyme2
By flyme2,
in

I've been bidding the Tampa Airport Westshore zone for the last 4 days trying to get a 4*, specifically the Grand Hyatt, knowing the only other 4* option, the Renaissance to be sold out for my date. Hyatt's site showed availability and even a low gov't rate of $93, although the best conventional rate was a AAA rate of $188. Hotwire had the Hyatt for $203. I bid up to $82 and was rejected every time, using all the re-bidding opportunities available. Today, the day before my arrival date, the Hyatt is showing sold out. Nonetheless, I tried and was rejected again. Lowered my bid to a 3* and adjusted my offer to $42. Rejected. Re-bid at $45 and won the Marriott. Good hotel, people love the indoor/outdoor pool complex. I love the fact that I got it for $45 when Marriott's website shows it going for $229. Oddly enough, many other 3* properties in the airport/Westshore zone that come up on PL were available, and at much cheaper rates. I'm not complaining, as the Marriott was the ideal alternative to getting the 4* Grand Hyatt. Details are as follows:

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $45.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $12.99

Total Charges: $57.99

An interesting sidebar: When I won my bid, I was offered a compact car rental for only $10. I can't recall ever being offered one for such a low rate. Unfortunately, circumstances negate the usefulness of a car for my stay, otherwise I would have grabbed it.

Car Category: Compact (with unlimited mileage)

Price Per Day: $10.00 (price subject to availability)

Total Rental Days: 1

Subtotal: $10.00

Taxes and Fees: $8.48

Total Charges: $18.48

thereuare, you'll be happy to know I remembered to use the S-B link. I now seek redemption and forgiveness.

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com link!

No forgiveness needed as that is only necessary when somebody holds a grudge :) All other times you have helped support and this board so we can't fault you for a foregetting one time. We know you appreciate what we do here and in turn we are thankful for your support.

Glad to hear you were successful at your desired 3* hotel (if not at the 4* you were originally trying for).

As always, thanks for posting and have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]