Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Convention Center-Lloyd Center) Red Lion Convention Cente

tilepusher
By tilepusher,
in

I bid for this hotel on behalf of friends who will be attending the same event in Portland that I am. I started at $32 and bid up in $1 increments using various tricks, including dropping to 2.5* (there are no 2.5* hotels in the Convention Center zone). The total came to $147.33 after taxes and fees. The Red Lion's 24 Summer promotional rate (one night non-refundable deposit required) was $75.

The good news for them is that this is the host hotel. The bad news is that it's the Red Lion. But I think they'll be happy with the deal.

I should clarify the previous post. I first bid up to $40 (receiving a +$10 counteroffer at $36). It was very late, so I decided to wait until next morning before going higher; the $41 bid came about 8 hours later. So I can't be absolutely sure that $41 was best possible rate, though it likely was.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]