Hotwire Hotel: Orlando Peabody 12/30-1/2 Help with DD

Motherfletcher
By Motherfletcher,
in

I really need some help with this. Hotwire has a 4.5 star (which is a dead giveaway for Peabody) for $251. Easyclick has a 5 star "Off the Record" listing for the Peabody ( When you check add. info it refers to the duck march) for $139. I have never attempted Hotwire's Double the Difference Guarantee before and I need some help.

Is this how it would go?

I buy the 3 nights from Hotwire for a total of $753 plus tax. Then I comfirm its the Peabody. Then I buy the same 3 nights from Easyclick for $417 and confirm that its the Peabody. Then email Easyclicks confirmation to Hotwire.

Can you cancel a reservation from Easyclick when it's an "Off the Record"?

If so I cancel the EZClick ressie and wait for Hotwire to email me that my little scheme worked? If it's DD would the math go like this:

(3X251)-(3X139)= 345 then 345X2=690 then 753-690= $63 plus taxes from the 753 for the 3 night stay at the Peabody? This sounds to good to be true? My exposure is 753 + 417 (if EZ doesn't cancel) = $1170 Ouch! That sounds more like what will happen! Help!!

I believe 'officially' you need to find the better rate after you book the Hotwire reservation.

In the past Hotwire has honored the Double the Difference guarantee for purchases thru other opaque services, but as this case is not spcifically spelled out in their terms (nor is it spcifically excluded) i would contact them just to make sure this is still the case. Before moving forward on this i would email Hotwire Customer Service (better than phoning so you have documentation rather than 'i was told by a customer service rep') and ask if they honor the guarantee for purchases thru other oqaque services.

My guess is that all with the above will be fine as Hotwire has been very good about honoring their guarantee, but anytime you are dependent upon somebody else's terms and conditions there is going to be some risk involved. (another risk is if the Hotwire offering turns out to not be the Peabody)

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do (even if it isn't the above the scenario... along those lines please also let us know what you ultimately did for you other HOTWIRE ORLANDO post.... it gives threads some 'closure' and if alternate plans were made it can give other users ideas of what to do for their own difficult dates).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is a possibility that the 4.5 star Hotwire post would not be the Peabody? The only other I can think of at 4.5 is Hard Rock and they have been booked for months.

Since this is my first attempt at DD I want to do it by the book. I sent an email to Hotwire Customer Servive and received a reply saying that they normally respond in 2 hours or less but the nature of my inquiry may require additional time.

My question is after I buy the 3 nights on Hotwire how do I let Hotwire konw that I found a better deal? Do I just email the EZclick site? Since it is hidden or opaque do I have to buy it through EZ to show that it is the same hotel? I've never bought anything through EZ and I am not sure that they would give a refund when I cancel?

Sorry to be such a pain but I've read everything I can on the subject before I started asking.

We prefer you being cautious (as i'm the same way).... it's always better to be safe than sorry.

You would have to purchase thru EasyClickTravel since it's opaque, otherwise Hotwire would have no way of verifying that the proerty being shown is the Peabody (no matter how close the description matches... but i looked at it and agree that it is indeed the Peabody).

You can email them for their refund policy. Although their terms are certainly able to change at any time, this is what i was given:

Our hotel cancellation policy is 72 hours before check-in with the exception of the Disney hotels that have a 5 day (prior to check-in) cancellation policy and National Parks that have a 21-day (prior to check-in) cancellation policy. Cancellations that are requested after the cancellation periods herein are subject to penalty fees equal to the entire amount of the booking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

GO Hawks- We are going to the same event! If I can get tickets that is. We should thank Thereuare's "Go Blue" for beating us or we would be going to Pasadena! Let me know if you need any Universal tips.

This is what I got from Hotwire. I've got to check both sites this a.m. and I'm ready to put my head on the chopping block if all is the same:

Dear Russ,

Thank you for contacting Hotwire regarding our Low Price Guarantee.

I am not exactly what the nature of your inquiry is. I am debating

whether you are wanting to know if this is only a guarantee for our

hotel reservations or if you are wondering if we honor price quotes from

other opaque Web sites. I will attempt to answer either possibility.

At this time, we are only able to offer the Low Price Guarantee in

conjunction with our hotel reservations.

When you apply for our Low Price Guarantee, we must be able to confirm

that the lower rate you have found is for the same hotel. Therefore, if

you find a lower rate on another opaque Web site, we are unable to know

for sure that the lower rate is for the same hotel.

If the above response does not adequately address your question, please

reply to this email or contact us directly at 1-866-HOTWIRE (468-9473).

Upon clarification of your question, we will be better able to assist

you. Thank you for visiting Hotwire.

Sincerely,

Amy M

Hotwire Customer Care

We should thank Thereuare's "Go Blue" for beating us or we would be going to Pasadena!

Well i will thank you for beating Wisconsin so that we could go to Pasadena! :)

$160.18 per night plus tax when tax and fees were supposed to be included

EasyClickTravel charges the room rate shown plus taxes. Although it states 'taxes and fees' i don't believe they charge any additional booking fees... that figure is actually all taxes. If you know the hotel tax rate for the area and multiply that by the room rate i'd think you come up with their $160.18 figure.

Good Luck and please keep us updated!

Easyclick sent me a reservation confirmation and it doesn't show the daily breakdown just the total. That is what I sent to Hotwire's DD folks. They are emailing asking for the screen shot showing the daily amount. Easyclick says they can't do it. I sent them the total and a screen shot of the opaque daily charge. I'm getting nervous now. I sent a scanned copy and they sent a REJECT calling it an attachment.

That is the one that I cut and pasted to Hotwire DD Dept. But it doesn't say Peabody. I sent them the Easyclick reservation confirmation that I rec'd saying "Peabody" and the total of $480.54 so hopefully they will have will find the calculator and see that the nightly rates plus tax adds up to the total.

Are you going to the Rose Bowl? Its a nice stadium and the parade is great! :)

That is the one that I cut and pasted to Hotwire DD Dept.  But it doesn't say Peabody.  I sent them the Easyclick reservation confirmation that I rec'd saying "Peabody" and the total of $480.54 so hopefully they will have will find the calculator and see that the nightly rates plus tax adds up to the total.

Yeah, I had the same thing, the DD at Hotwire said they won't honor the request without the pre-tax amount and the name of the hotel along with the dates. Hopefully EasyClickTravel will be able to send me that, I'm waiting!

I rec'd an e from Hotwire saying I'm getting a $672.00 refund! WOOO HOOO! :)

GoHawks- What I did was sent a copy of the email that I posted above from Hotwire's Amy, a copy of the Easyclick Confirmation and and screen shot from the easyclick ad that said the daily rate. They made me sweat over night but coughed it up this afternoon. Mon. I'll cancel Easyclick and I'm done except for those darn Bowl tickets. I'm so happy about the refund that I should just buy really good seats with the money I saved.

Thereuare- Thanks for all your help. I'm sorry that the baby is not letting you go to Pasadena. I went to my first Rose Bowl at 5 years old. Maybe the big "Blue" machine can do it again when the baby is older.

Motherfletcher,

Congrats your success with the DD from Hotwire. I'm still waiting to hear back from them and will call them on Monday, if I don't hear anything from them.

I have a couple of important questions, who did you speak with in the DD Department at Hotwire?

What all did you send the Hotwire D/D department? Did you fax or e-mail the information? Anything else I should know?

By the way, I did book and confirmed a reservation with EasyClickTravel. Thanks for your help!! I really appreciate it.

I didn't "talk" to anyone at DD. I talked to Ramon at EZ which was no help.

Before I started I sent an e to Hotwire Customer Service asking about DD and if they allowed other opaque or hidden services. I rec'd an e from Amy who said they do if you can provide info that it is the same hotel. That is why we had to buy the rooms at EZ, to prove it was the Peabody. The first reject said that I didn't prove it was Peabody. The second said they needed a screen shot with daily breakdown. I cut and pasted confirmation from EZ and had to cut and paste the screen shot from EZ that showed the daily rate but the name was hidden.

I scored tickets last night. We will be in the second row of Section 235. We should consider car pooling since parking looks to be at a premium. I have a van and it will just be my son and myself.

I know how unnerving it can be when reject you. This is exactly what I sent to get them to pay up:

Dear Laura L,

Please review the following email and screen shot confirming the lower rate. Please read Amy's response to intitial questions regarding opaque services and see if I haven't followed Hotwires policies,terms and conditions.

Sincerely,

Russ Muller

Dear Russ,

Thank you for contacting Hotwire regarding our Low Price Guarantee.

I am not exactly what the nature of your inquiry is. I am debating

whether you are wanting to know if this is only a guarantee for our

hotel reservations or if you are wondering if we honor price quotes from

other opaque Web sites. I will attempt to answer either possibility.

At this time, we are only able to offer the Low Price Guarantee in

conjunction with our hotel reservations.

When you apply for our Low Price Guarantee, we must be able to confirm

that the lower rate you have found is for the same hotel. Therefore, if

you find a lower rate on another opaque Web site, we are unable to know

for sure that the lower rate is for the same hotel.

If the above response does not adequately address your question, please

reply to this email or contact us directly at 1-866-HOTWIRE (468-9473).

Upon clarification of your question, we will be better able to assist

you. Thank you for visiting Hotwire.

Sincerely,

Amy M

Hotwire Customer Care

www.hotwire.com

Thank you for booking with EasyClickTravel!

Hotel Reservation Summary

Reservation Status: Confirm

The Peabody Orlando

9801 International Drive Orlando Florida 32819

Issue Date: 3 Dec 2004

Reservation Number: 277327

Record Locator: 810553

Service Description

Check In Check Out Room Type Rooms Nights Board Base

30 Dec 2004 2 Jan 2005 Superior 1 3

Guests

Russell D. Muller

Off the Record

International Drive Sea World area

Orlando FL

Usa

Room Type Availability Avg. Night Rate

Superior On Request Hide Facilities and Price Details $139.00 Book It

Room Includes: none Date

Availability

Sleeps 4

Dec 30 Dec 31 Jan 01

On Request On Request On Request

124.13 146.44 146.44

Average rate per room per night including taxes and fees is $160.18

Price Information

Total Cost: 480.54 USD

Remarks

Please contact EasyClickTravel IMMEDIATELY if you encounter any problems during check-in.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 1:55 PM

To: muller_r

Subject: Re: Hotwire Hotel Itinerary Number 5484043723

(KMM2133381V99444L0KM)

Dear Russ,

Thank you for your message regarding the Hotwire Hotel Low Price

Guarantee for your reservation at the The Peabody Orlando, Hotwire

Itinerary Number xxxxxx.

After reviewing the information you submitted, we have determined that

you are not eligible for a refund under the Low Price Guarantee. The

documentation you provided does not confirm that the lower rate was for

the same hotel that you booked on Hotwire. The information with the

lower rate is an "Off the Record" hotel and does not specify the name of

the hotel. We are unable to verify that this information was for The

Peabody Orlando. The Terms and Conditions of the guarantee state:

The Low Price Guarantee from Hotwire is available to any customer who

purchases one or more room nights from Hotwire and finds a lower total

pre-tax rate for the same hotel and the same dates from any other source

within 48 hours following the customer's purchase on Hotwire.

To view the Terms and Conditions in full, click on the link below or

copy and paste it into your browser.

hotwire.com/popUp/double-the-difference-terms-popup.jsp

At Hotwire, our mission is to help you get the best hotel rates around.

We are working to provide the most value for your money, while ensuring

that our guarantee policy is fair and reasonable.

Thank you again for your email and for using Hotwire. If you have any

questions about this message, please respond by email.

Sincerely,

Laura L

Hotwire Customer Care

www.hotwire.com

Well I spoke with Hotwire again and they said the request for the Double the Difference Gurantee did go through and they refund the money back to my credit-card! That really makes my day!! A hint to anyone that wishes to do the Double the Difference Gurantee, make sure that you print everything out and keep a record of everyone you spoke with.

Russ- How did you get your tickets to the game? How about the rental car?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]