Hotwire Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Center Strip) Trump Tower International

Disneybridein2k3
By Disneybridein2k3,
in

I am familiar with the re-bidding process with Priceline and am looking for 2 rooms for a total of 4 adults for Oct 10-17, 2009. I checked Hotwire and it appears Trump is available at $103 (if I am right). Although I know I am taking a chance by bidding through Priceline, I would prefer one of the other 5* hotels on the strip. I was wondering if there was a bid I should start with that would be high enough to eliminate Trump or are they always a player? If so, I may as well start low if that is what I am most likely going to end up with anyway. TIA!

It's not recommended to start higher to avoid the Trump as yo may just end up overbidding for that property.

If you're looking to avoid the Trump you can do so by using HOTWIRE where there is a 5* for $159/nite for which my best guess is the Venetian. If that's beyond your budget and you prefer to bid...

At the 5* level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Start with our link to PRICELINE...

Select 5* Strip North...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice. We looked at the reviews and decided Trump looked good after all and decided to bid. $95, $97, $100, and $102 were all rejected by Priceline so I abandoned PRICELINE and used the HOTWIRE link for the property I was sure was Trump based on the ammenities. The price was $102/night. Not including the $15/night fee they will be charging us when we check in (unless the fee is higher - the verbage included in the email was this: This hotel typically charges all guests a resort fee of about $20 per room per night, regardless of how the room is booked. The hotel collects this fee directly from you, so it doesn't show in your Hotwire total) the total was $1600.

Here's the breakdown:

Hotel rate per night - Hotwire hot Rate: $102.00

Nights: 7

Rooms: 2

Subtotal: $1,428.00

Tax recovery charges and fees: $172.19

Total price: $1,600.19

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Have a nice stay and good luck.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Happy to add the info - love the site, it has helped me before and I plan to come here again the next time I use Priceline/Hotwire. Thanks for the help!!!

This hotel features the following amenities:

Spa Services

Studio

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Kitchenette

I did go back and check the amenities listed that described the hotel BEFORE my purchase and everything was the same except the "before" amenities DID NOT describe the kitchenette or internet access and indicated condo instead of studio. And it is now going for $99/night. I'm not worried about the price anymore - I'm just glad to have the hotel booked and out of the way.

The 'splash' page of HOTWIRE will only show the first eight amenity icons, if you want to see them all before your purchase you need to click the CONTINUE button next to the offering, then click the "See all amenities" under the icons on the subsequent page.

Thanks again for sharing your results with the board... have a great time in Vegas.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 'splash' page of HOTWIRE will only show the first eight amenity icons, if you want to see them all before your purchase you need to click the CONTINUE button next to the offering, then click the "See all amenities" under the icons on the subsequent page.

Yup - I checked even now and and the same eight amenities are listed. No additional amenities are listed after hitting CONTINUE. Like I said, originally we didn't want the Trump but after further review we decided this was a great hotel for us so we were thrilled with our purchase. I just hope this info helps someone else like the info on your site has helped me. Thanks again!

Yup - I checked even now and and the same eight amenities are listed. No additional amenities are listed after hitting CONTINUE.
...you need to click the CONTINUE button next to the offering, then click the "See all amenities" under the icons on the subsequent page.

If you re-run your HOTWIRE search now, after clicking the CONTINUE button you'll see the Kitchenette icon shown only if you then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]