Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MSG-Convention) Affinia Manhattan

Acuraguy
By Acuraguy,
in

Hey everyone,

I'd like to share my bidding success with everyone. For the past several weeks, I've been trying for a 4* in New York City at MTW, CPS, and Times Square-Theater District for around $100-$105, knowing that those were pretty low ball amounts since I've seen other forum members bidding $140+ for a 4*. I gave up and I decided that the Affinia hotels were ranked higher on Tripadvisor (this one is #54 and Dumont is #6) so I decided that I should bid higher and just focus on the 3.5* in MSG and ESB. The only 3.5* in MSG and ESB belong to Affinia so I knew I had a pretty good chance of getting Affinia.

Following the successful bid of LauraA Affinia Manhattan , I was successful at $120 using the PRICELINE link. Actually, I should have tried $115 but I actually thought LauraA bid at $120 so I followed suit. Oh well.

Either way, very pleased with the results and surprised that those NYC hotels during August are so hard to get.

edit: Actually, does anyone know what type of room this is? Affinia Manhattan has both regular rooms and studio suites. Anyone stayed here using PRICELINE? What room did you get?

Thanks!

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

Beware that zones, ratings etc can change at anytime if you copy the strategy from other threads. This is a good link:Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. It's important that you know how to determ your free zones and how to use them.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

edit: Actually, does anyone know what type of room this is? Affinia Manhattan has both regular rooms and studio suites. Anyone stayed here using Priceline? What room did you get?

I hit this place on PRICELINE a couple years ago and paid far more because it was the holiday season.

The hotel is ok; the room was a large studio with a full kitchen.

The room was dated but clean and acceptable.

As I recall there was a problem with the valet parking tab. The parking company is separate from the hotel. I paid the hotel and when the valet returned the car he insisted I pay again. I even had the hotel receipt and he wasn't impressed. It took some time to get someone from the hotel to straighten it out and since they already had the money they were in no big hurry to help and they were far from concerned.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]