Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Lake Buena Vista-Downtown Disney) Buena Vista Palace

chris3965
By chris3965,
in

Hello, I have a slight problem. I am splitting the dates of travel for two different stays. I have booked my first stay in another Hotwire Orlando Hampton Inn thread. Here is my second.

I am wanting the (LBV) Hotel Plaza Blvd. I know that there are several hotels and resorts on that road. Hilton, Buena Vista Palace, Regal Sun, Etc..

My dates are 7/24 to 7/26 for 2 adults and 2 children.

I am having a problem Id' ing any hotels in that area except the Buena Vista Palace and Spa ($80) each night via HOTWIRE. I have never used PRICELINE. My question is this can you look at Hotwire for my dates and see if you have in suggestions for my dates and zone? Thanks

If there is no reply to this thread after 24 hours please bump this thread and i'll take a closer look, but there are others who know this area better than i do (including yellowdog who will likely reply once he sees this thread) and will be able to advise regarding the best value offered for your dates.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks ;-}

The reason I touched on priceline in my orig post is I have seen the board report wins of the Hilton WDW resort which is on Hotel Plaza Blvd. But I have never used priceline. I was going to use Hotwire because usually it is easier to narrow down the Hotel. Thanks

chris3965

This is what i see for your dates.

The 4* would be BVP like you said

3.5* Hotel Royal Plaza (Nice place!)

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry

3* Sheraton Safari (The Safari is not on Hotel Plaza Blvd but very close. With a fun slide for the kids.)

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

2.5* Orlando Vista (The Vista is not on Hotel Plaza Blvd but very close)

May i ask why Hotel Plaza Blvd is your goal? which parks are you doing?

About PRICELINE and Hilton for DTD. I would recomend you to try PRICELINE, Hilton can bite around $55-$65 but don't go higher. Best rack rate for your dates is $149 so you never know. But have in mind that you can get any hotel for the zone you bid at. I don't think this will happen but i just want to give you heads-up for this.

Post back with your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Yellowdog.

chris3965

This is what i see for your dates.

The 4* would be BVP like you said

3.5* Hotel Royal Plaza (Nice place!)

3* Sheraton Safari (The Safari is not on Hotel Plaza Blvd but very close. With a fun slide for the kids.)

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

2.5* Orlando Vista (The Vista is not on Hotel Plaza Blvd but very close)

May i ask why Hotel Plaza Blvd is your goal? which parks are you doing?

About PRICELINE and Hilton for DTD. I would recomend you to try PRICELINE, Hilton can bite around $55-$65 but don't go higher. Best rack rate for your dates is $149 so you never know. But have in mind that you can get any hotel for the zone you bid at. I don't think this will happen but i just want to give you heads-up for this.

Post back with your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Yellowdog.

Thanks, I like that area being right at Downtown Disney and the easy transportation to the Magic Kingdom. Do you have any info on the WDW Hilton? Thanks

Thanks, I like that area being right at Downtown Disney and the easy transportation to the Magic Kingdom. Do you have any info on the WDW Hilton? Thanks

Sorry, I see you addressed The Hilton in your last post. I dont see the Royal Plaza showing up on my search how many guests and what price did it show? Thanks again

I dont see the Royal Plaza showing up on my search how many guests and what price did it show?
2 Adults + 2 Children like you posted. I just did a search and it's still there at $61.
I like that area being right at Downtown Disney and the easy transportation to the Magic Kingdom
Yes, the buss hub at DTD is good. But you shouldn't limited yourself to DTD for the transportation issue. Most hotels got busses running.
Do you have any info on the WDW Hilton?
I have stayed there several times, what would you like to know? Have you decided to try PRICELINE?

Yellowdog.

What fees does Priceline charge?
I really don't know :) But i belive they are pretty similar to HOTWIRE. You can do a dummy booking going to the last step to see the fees PRICELINE charge you.
Also the fees at the Hilton
The don't charge any resort fee, just $8 for parking. RP charges $7 or $8.
and I have reade reviews that it is in need of a remodel?
It's the lesser resort in the zone. But it's not bad at all. Sure, it's an older hotel but very clean and nice. And it's the only non Disney hotel that got the Extra Magic Hours.

This is my last post for today. I will answer you tomorrow (my time) if you have any additional questions or thoughts.

Yellowdog.

OK, Over much consideration I decided not to book the priceline and hope for the Hilton. I booked via the HOTWIRE link.

The Buena Vista Palace and Spa 4 star resort. I changed a few things during my quest. When I put in the 2 adults and 2 children it was $80-$82 a night depending on how mant times I went back to Hotwire. I opened up a new browser and changed to 4 adults and it came up at $77 a night. I decided to bite. Well as always THANK YOU! for all the help. I will hopefully have a wonderful stay.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the the hotel you were hoping for and that the board was able to help.

Since multiple properties were discussed in this thread, can you please add a reply with the amenities that were associated with the Buena Vista Palace... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here you go:

Resort, Rest, Pool, Fitness, Hsia, Business center, Spa.

Like I stated before I changed the occupants from my orig. post and the rate dropped a few bucks. Go figure.

I really like the BVP I was just trying to save a few bucks by getting something cheaper. In the same area I decided to go with BVP because of my past expirences. I was going to try my hand at priceline for the WDW Hilton. But, I figured there may have been possible to receive a different hotel in that area. Thanks for everything.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]