Priceline Hotel: 4* Calgary downtown hotels by Priceline

kerokerope
By kerokerope,
in

We wouldn't want to suggest a strategy that went higher than you were willing to pay, let us know your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Do note that there are other 4* hotels in this area besides the Hyatt, so you're not bidding for that spefic hotel and you could receive a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of PRICELINE's zone boundaries.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All hotels reported to the board would be found in our Priceline Hotel List.

Let us know if/when you want to move forward and if you'd like us to suggest a bidding strategy to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- regarding your Anchorage stay, if you're looking at other altneratives, they'll likely cost you much more than the $100 budget you mention in your post, which if that's the case, may open up more options for you via PRICELINE / HOTWIRE

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I travel regularly to Calgary for work and, without exagerration, I've stayed at over 20 hotels in the city. During mid-week in Calgary, hotels are rather expensive and often hard to get into when booking direct with the hotel.

Of the known PRICELINE hotels in downtown Calgary (Marriot, Delta Bow, Hyatt, Westin), they are all comfortable, clean and have decent guest services. I've stayed in all of them. To improve your odds of getting reasonable accommodation and if you are willing to hedge your bets that these are the only four options, perhaps lower your star rating to 3 stars in downtown Calgary. Having said all that, there is a chance that there are other 3 to 3.5 star hotels that you could get matched with. It wouldn't be the end of the world... most of the 3 to 3.5 star hotels in downtown Calgary are reasonable and it's unlikely you'd end up in an outright bad hotel.

The Hyatt is the top hotel in Calgary and ideal if you want full service such as in-hotel restaurant, fitness centre, pool, etc. However, it typically does not a lot of mid-week vacancy -- especially if there is a large conference in the adjacent Telus centre that attracts people from out of town. The Marriot is literally next door to the Hyatt and it becomes the overflow conference hotel so room vacancy can be limited there also. It doesn't have all the in-house amenities of the Hyatt but it's still a good place to stay. The Westin is nice but the in-hotel restaurant is fairly mundane and it's a longer walk if you are relying on the C-Train as public transit. And the Delta Bow Valley is a standard business type hotel. The hotel doesn't have as busy of a vibe as the other three and it's at the edge of downtown but it's perfectly acceptable as a 3 to 3.5 star... and the Delta will likely have the best view if you can get a room on a higher floor or facing the river valley.

Also, if you are driving, parking in downtown Calgary is quite expensive too. Only New York has more expensive parking in North America. I'd only stay in downtown Calgary if I have to be centrally located and do not have a car.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]